Inside Out

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I had opportunity to see this film yesterday On Demand and I have to admit that I wasn't prepared for what I saw. My daughter recently graduated from Nursing School and during her Mental Health rotation her professor asked all the students to watch this movie. She had seen it before but thought it to be good enough to share with us and watch it again. First off I didn't realize that it was animated as I am not a big fan of animated films. Having said that this film was absolutely terrific from start to finish with plenty of great humor as well as some scenes which truly choked you up. Simply put this is a story about our brain and how it copes with situations of joy, sadness, anger and disgust etc.

I loved this film and rate it at 4.5/5 as it was IMO that good

There is message to be learned from it by everyone.

Inside Out (I) (2015)
PG | 95 min | Animation, Adventure, Comedy | 19 June 2015 (USA)
8.3 Your rating: -/10 Ratings: 8.3/10 from 226,115 users Metascore: 94/100
Reviews: 660 user | 494 critic | 48 from Metacritic.com
After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness - conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house, and school.

Directors: Pete Docter, Ronnie Del Carmen
Writers: Pete Docter (original story by), Ronnie Del Carmen (original story by), 3 more credits »
Stars: Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, Lewis Black |

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I agree, what a pleasant surprise that one was!
When I went to see it in the movies, I hadn't read a thing about it, so I only knew it was Pixar's latest. So you can imagine how delighted I was :)
It's definitely not a "kid movie", so parents taking small children might not find the movie at all appealing for them...

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
I always have high expectations for films from Pixar, but wasn't prepared for how profoundly moved I was at witnessing Riley manage a complex and emotionally challenging transition in her life. Our kids loved it - like they have most things from Pixar, but I can't think of any films that have captured the inner-landscape of a child's development in such a beautifully characterful way as this one did, and without feeling preechy, predictable or melodramatic.

Interestingly, the film wasn't working for quite a long time, and Pete Docter feared he'd be fired half-way through making it. He went for a long walk to consider the implications of being forced to leave Pixar, and though he realised that yes, there would be many changes (financially, career-wise), the thing he would miss the most were his friends and colleagues at Pixar. It was that moment that caused him to re-contextualise the film within Riley's relationship with her parents, rather then just within her own head and emotions that transformed the trajectory of the film from a rather abstract exploration of the psyche, into a film in which people are primary in understanding our place in the world and our significance.

One of my favourite films of the year.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I took my son to see it when it first came out, and yes, it's an incredible film, with deep meaning.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing