Room

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I must admit that I hadn't seen this movie until all the Golden Globe fuss wherein much to my amazement Brie Larson won the award for Best Actress in a dramatic role. As a result I wanted to see what I was missing in the Best Actress category

From IMDB

See More on IMDb Pro »
Room (I) (2015)
R | 118 min | Drama | 25 November 2015 (USA)
8.3 Your rating: -/10 Ratings: 8.3/10 from 16,939 users Metascore: 86/100
Reviews: 97 user | 207 critic | 43 from Metacritic.com
After five-year-old Jack and his mother escape from the enclosed surroundings that Jack has known his entire life, the boy makes a thrilling discovery.

Director: Lenny Abrahamson
Writers: Emma Donoghue (novel), Emma Donoghue (screenplay)
Stars: Brie Larson, Jacob Tremblay, Sean Bridgers |

I found the story somewhat thoughtful as it was seen not so much as a mother and son escaping from being imprisoned in a room for 7 and 5 years respectively but rather how they adapt to the outside world such as the son seeing clouds for the very first time. No doubt the movie will leave you thinking but as for the story line I thought it was just OK and as for Brie Larson rising to the level of Best Actress at the Academy Awards, I think not. The real star of this movie IMO is little Jacob Tremblay as the 5 year old son. He was exceptional and could not only act but could also show great emotion in his words

Worth seeing but IMO better fish in the sea this year for Best Picture but Brie Larson was pretty darn good in her role

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing