I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
View attachment 37900

What's the long horizontal shaft above the turntable?

My guess is that it is used for lifting. Notice the two large threaded pieces. They look like they go into the holes on the top of the plinth. There might be two bars so that four people can lift it up into place. Then there are two more threaded pieces of smaller diameter for the platter. It looks like one guy in the photo is unscrewing the threaded piece from the platter.

That bar, and probably a second one, might also be used for securing the plinth and platter in a large wooden crate for shipping, but that too is just a guess. I'm sure David could elaborate.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
My guess is that it is used for lifting. Notice the two large threaded pieces. They look like they go into the holes on the top of the plinth. There might be two bars so that four people can lift it up into place. Then there are two more threaded pieces of smaller diameter for the platter. It looks like one guy in the photo is unscrewing the threaded piece from the platter.

That bar, and probably a second one, might also be used for securing the plinth and platter in a large wooden crate for shipping, but that too is just a guess. I'm sure David could elaborate.

Thats exactly it Peter!

david

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
What's going on? Has the "eagle" landed???

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
the 'birth'.

very exciting to observe this Christian. i'm happy for you and actually seeing it there is a powerful thing for me.

Mike, you must be chomping at the bit! Hopefully your wait won't be too much longer.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Congratulations Christian - it looks impressive.

Tomorrow I am going to put my Townshend EEI alignment gauge on the outside of the window - may be Santa will think it is a signal to drop an AS!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I’m feeling a Rush! I would love to hear Canada’s favourite sons (sorry, not Neil Young) on this.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Drum roll...isolation off, isolation passive, isolation active.

Much to my chagrin, when active is engaged, the sound is deadened, less open and airy. It sounds best with the unit on and only in passive mode (active off). Bummer !!!
It was easy to hear and David confirms my findings...
David was right.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Christian, it is what it is.
David confidently called it right ahead of time.
Maybe Mike can call off his order on the Herzan, since surely there’s v little chance his experience will radically differ.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing