Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Whenever it slid off and hit the other car. :D

Tom

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I would be worried the potato would fly off and hit another car. How often did he replace the potato?

You know, I'm not sure. I don't think he thought about it either, like the bass seems to be a little 'one note-ish' i think my potato is no longer within optimal parameters. But, as I remember, it was skewered on there pretty good. Looked kinda weird, though- 60's Caddy with this potato on the aerial. Of course, back then, it was simpler times :)

And of course, the issue has been addressed on the web elsewhere:

http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2286381/potato-tenna

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
A tuned potato is nothing to sneeze at. Even more fun if you cram it down your exhaust pipe.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
The Prince of Darkness doesn't need zero gravity.

You could always get an inexpensive used dental chair, patients love them, lots of adjustability.

True DAT!

Listening to some hifi systems is indeed like sitting in the dentists chair.....heheh

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Getting back on the subject of the ultimate chair. . . .

I think these make the best listening chairs.

They have a very small, fully articulating, well supporting head rest that won't block any ambient sound, the back support only extends as high as the shoulders, they are available in your extensive choice of base and leather colors, they are heavy, stable and have electric programmable positioning. They are nothing less than the best listening chair.

Attachments

• ECO19-a.jpg
    ECO19-a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 205

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

They have a very small, fully articulating, well supporting head rest that won't block any ambient sound, the back support only extends as high as the shoulders, they are available in your extensive choice of base and leather colors, they are heavy, stable and have electric programmable positioning. They are nothing less than the best listening chair.

Honest, they are extremely comfortable and supportive. I used to nap in mine.

Of course, it is the perfect companion for those solid state hi end systems that sound like dental drills.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

That is way too freaky for me. I don't associate a dental chair with anything good and pain free.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
mep It's a lot better than the chair you pictured in post #5!:D

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
They are'nt really "dental" chairs, per se, they are exam chairs. Used by doctors, chiropractors, podiatrists, tatoo artists etc. etc., just commonly associated with dentist because that is where most people see them.

They are very comfortable, adjustable and supportive as stated, but heavy because of the motor. They would make excellent listening chairs, but don't expect to see them anytime soon in your high end showroom.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
LOVE this one. Notice the head rest. You can stow it away easily if you don't want to use it but it is very narrow anyway. Same goes for the leg rests.

http://www.cassina.com/portal/page/...duct?p=code:CS_K10;is_finder_result:1&lang=en

+1 Perfect!

I especially love the fact that the headrest can be folded down for critical listening. very important in surround audio setups like mine.

Even the color choices are perfect.

Only problem is cost, at $3,500, I'm getting only one ;-)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Look at the bright side Jonathan, that's less than 1m of some ICs. LOL.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Yeah, that would do it for me too.

That black carbon fiber is looking better all the time!!!!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The only thing missing from that room is Champagne, Playboy bunnies and an arm n' cart for the Air Force One. LOL! It's the stuff of fantasy!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Doesn't that room seem a tad sterile and cold though?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's what the PB bunnies would be for. :D

I like the look. It's a commercial establishment after all, hence the lack of stuff you would normally see at home like a table beside the chair and stuff like that. It's probably why they also chose red for the chair.

I use a Cassina too. This model came out the year after I bought mine. Darn it!

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The look is kind of cool, but long term, I think it would give me the willies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing