I found the ULTIMATE listening chair!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
You know guys, if you're really serious about purchasing a chair, you have to actually SIT IN IT.

You wouldn't spend serious money on any components without listening to it and you shouldn't get a chair you plan to spend a lot of time in without having a personal experience with it either. A bad component may hurt your ears, but a bad chair will be uncomfortable and hurt your back and then you won't want to sit and listen to music.

You need to check out the online catalogs, get as much information as you can on models that interest you and then go to a city with a good chair store and try them out.

Last edited:

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
The Poang is my TV chair!
I have two in my listening room for relaxing and guest , off axis to the sweet spot , they are too low for listening in the sweet spot , but are absolutely comfortable , perfect to me for reading and listening ....

:)
I thought that the room was an incredible achievement of design as there was absolutely no room treatment to be seen. There were bass bins hidden behind the curtain, the panels on the walls and ceiling were not parallel. Whether it was an intentional design element, an intentional acoustic treatment element, or an unintentional acoustic element due to intentional design, I have no idea. Nevertheless, the net result is that when music is playing, it is difficult to give up the seat. For one particular lady, we played an entire concerto with no urge whatsoever to stop the CD and play the next piece.

I thought it was spectacular myself ...

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Yesterday I went to the MoMA Store and I stopped by the Eames Lounge Chair.
First of all, it's a real beauty. Second, it's less bulky than what the picture may let you think. I found it extremely comfortable, maybe just a little too close to the ground.
I'm 5'11" and I can confirm the shoulder support ends below the neck, so no acoustic interferences :)

Again from Eames, I bet the Soft Pad Lounge should be great.
I sat on the version for office (with a higher seat) and it's amazingly comfortable. The Setu chair, at 1/3 of the price, might be a good one too (despite more rigid, not being padded).

The Cassina you guys wrote about is another real beauty, despite that handle on the bottom right side is a little too visible for me...

Blam!

Apr 8, 2012
Germany
The Montis Lounge chair is very comfortable, though not beautiful:

Currently I'm sitting on a De Sede DS-5 in our listening room...relaxed... ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yeah, the Montis looks darned good to me too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing