Hitler on Construction Traffic in LA

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This probably won't resonate with people outside of the LA and its nightmarish traffic now made worse. But it is still so well done that it is worth a shot:

Nicholas Bedworth

WBF Founding Member
May 7, 2010
Maui, where else?
As a long-time resident and visitor in West Side LA, I have been following this in the LA Times, and am looking forward to satellite pictures of the 405 this coming weekend. Perhaps cars will be flowing over the Santa Monica cliff, akin to lemmings? It's not going to be a nice.

Speaking of Sepulveda, the surface roads are almost always the fastest way to get around Los Angeles, plus they have lots of interesting pet shops to stop in. Santa Monica to LAX? Take Lincoln, what else? Going to Culver City, take Venice. These 6 lane roads are often just about empty, and you look up at the freeway, it's jammed and crawling.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have taken Sepulveda many times in a mad rush to LAX. The locals know the detours around some nasty spots in it just the same.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
How come in all those "LA" shows, the heroes manage to get across vast tracts of freeway and umpteen miles in about ten minutes? Maybe it is just the next day at the same time.

One of the many frightening things about LA, you're pretty much dead if you have a medical emergency somewhere in the paved paradise, the chances of getting anywhere fast or anybody to help at certain times of day and certain places are nil, even compared to the Bay Area.

When I worked in Bellflower after my oral surgery residency, I bought a car in West LA and took it back through downtown for warranty work. I got stuck around downtown in a traffic jam/accident right at the scene. It was hot, smoggy, full of auto fumes, congested, there were flames and smoke, utter chaos, police walking around, and a sense of total helplessness and disorganization. It was a scene from hell that has never quite left me and made me a bit afraid of LA metro area. This was thirty years ago before things got really bad.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I've seen this video oh, I forgot now how many times, but it cracks me up every single time! And trust me, living in Toronto and having to deal with the 401, DVP and Gardiner Expressways I can completely relate!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing