Hi from Sydney

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Hi Andrew

Welcome to the same time zone. :D

Looks like a few tennis fans here! I am still tossing up on going down for a few days.

I really hope Azarenka can kick Serena's butt! Not to sure she can do it thou, I might be content in just admiring Vica's butt

I think Joker looks good for the men's.

Cheers
Shane

Azarenka better pull a Tanya Harding if she has a prayer...:cool:

Joker and Nadal final...Nadal just won his 61st title in Doha....

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Another warm welcome from balmy -15C Boston :D Surely beats John's temperature. Winter is my favorite season... so much misery, darkness, dryness and just plain old boredom - much like many a high end speaker.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Oh I think despised is abit strong - more bemused resignation captures it ha ha. The whole "Number 1" thing that accompanies US wins has us all either in fits of laughter or rolling our eyes at the crass Americans over here. We like our sportsman humble and understated in victory and generous in defeat - though they don't always behave that way now. Which is why young Leyton was never that loved here - far too much noise for us Aussies...Fortunately he has grown up a little..

Morning Shane - thanks mate - great to be here.

I'll just be admiring the womens butts! Don't see anyone beating Serena...

Joker - who is he? I am out of the nickname loop...

Yes, Rusty has never been a fan favorite as was Rafter.

Yeh, maybe despised was a strong word..I know many of my European friends were not too happy with Lance Armstrong, to put it mildly.

Joker is Novak.

BTW< don't give away results you guys Down Under..Its on here tomorrow afternoon!

drunkenrabbit

Dec 1, 2013
Sydney, Aus
Another warm welcome from balmy -15C Boston :D Surely beats John's temperature.

Thanks ack - it may be cold with you, but your welcome is warm and very well received - cheers mate.

Winter is my favorite season... so much misery, darkness, dryness and just plain old boredom - much like many a high end speaker

Ha ha - I'll take your word for it - I haven't listened to too many high end speakers except for multiple pairs of Avantegardes, Marten Logan's, Marten's and some Wilson's. Lots of brands don't get downunder in volume...

Yeh, maybe despised was a strong word..I know many of my European friends were not too happy with Lance Armstrong, to put it mildly.

yes well Armstrong really didn't do much for US - rest of world relations...even my US friends cringed over Armstrong. Not a shred of humility and didn't know when to shut up. Not to mention an awful bully..

Joker is Novak.

ahhh - thought it might be - why Joker? Great player but to me inherently unlikeable - like Ivan Lendl.

promise to stay stuum...

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Azarenka better pull a Tanya Harding if she has a prayer...:cool:

Joker and Nadal final...Nadal just won his 61st title in Doha....

Even I would not wish that on boorish lineswoman abusing Serena.

We know what the zealous Steffi Graf fan did to Monica Seles 20 years ago. Graf went on to win another 11 grand slams for a total of 22. Seles was on 8 and only won 1 more after 2.5 years off the circuit after the injury. Plenty of what if's there.

Vica will hopefully win on great play.

I have always liked Hewitt, lots of mongrel - then again I loved McEnroe to.

I can't argue against the Joker v Naval final. Only hope is someone like Tsonga plays his arse off and beats one of the top guys, especially since the courts are faster this year.

Cheers

drunkenrabbit

Dec 1, 2013
Sydney, Aus
I have always liked Hewitt, lots of mongrel - then again I loved McEnroe to.

Yeah but McEnroe (& Connors) were American - you expect the crass behaviour from them... Hewiit is such a westie as well..

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Yeah but McEnroe (& Connors) were American - you expect the crass behaviour from them... Hewiit is such a westie as well..

I would hate to hear what you think of David Warner :D

drunkenrabbit

Dec 1, 2013
Sydney, Aus
I would hate to hear what you think of David Warner

The worst sort of slasher that doesn't remotely deserve a test spot, let alone as an opening batsman, although I do agree he has a good arm and is a useful fieldsman. I'd put him in the 20/20 for the ticket take...but he should never be let out alone at night.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Welcome Andrew from the Great White North!

While we were basking in the coollness that was recorded to be -51°C. it's my understanding that you guys down under were sweltering with +51°C.

100°C of a difference. Kind of mind-boggling!

Wow JV.

I thought only Quebec was facing that kind of cold!!!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
The worst sort of slasher that doesn't remotely deserve a test spot, let alone as an opening batsman, although I do agree he has a good arm and is a useful fieldsman. I'd put him in the 20/20 for the ticket take...but he should never be let out alone at night.

Be kind , he's done well this series , cant ask for more. Great day for Aussie sport 5-0 #theurnreturns , Hewitt over Federer in Brisbane. Welcome to WBF .

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Wow JV.

I thought only Quebec was facing that kind of cold!!!

Naw...it was across the country off an on for a week. As usual Manitoba got the worst of it. I factored in the recorded windchill. Power has been going out all over the country, especially in those areas that rely more on electric heating. It's been a tough, tough winter so far and more is expected. Newfoundland got hit with another 18"-24" of snow and power outtages everywhere. In Southern Ontario we're expecting anywhere from 2"-12" of the white stuff today and overnight...then turning to freezing rain as the temps rise. It's gonna be a mess during Monday morning rush hour. And other severe cold front is on its way.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Yes, I know its tough over most of the country, BUT -51 in Ontario is extreme. That is more likely in Quebec, Alberta, Sask and WinterPeg.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
A late welcome to me too. We enjoyed a great spring your wonderful country many years back.

As to temps, it is about 45 degrees F. One time I went to yellowstone park in winter when it was 40 degrees here, and -40 there! Imagine a 1.5 hour plane ride taking you across 80 degree difference!!! Made for pretty interesting abstract photography though:

drunkenrabbit

Dec 1, 2013
Sydney, Aus
A late welcome to me too. We enjoyed a great spring your wonderful country many years back.

Then I hope to see you back again very soon :) - thank you for your warm welcome, I really appreciate it.

Coming from NZ I thought I knew cold weather - then I went to Whistler for a season and experienced - 30 C or so, it literally took your breath away. -50 C I cannot imagine. Incredible.

Wonderful photography btw - do you have more in the series?

g'day mate, welcome

Ahhh....Sir Sanders Zingmore, as I live & breathe :) Thanks for the welcome mate. How are the 'Stats coming along?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Coming from NZ I thought I knew cold weather - then I went to Whistler for a season and experienced - 30 C or so, it literally took your breath away. -50 C I cannot imagine. Incredible.
I love NZ! What amazing landscape.

Wonderful photography btw - do you have more in the series?
Thanks. I have a few uploaded. Here is where that picture came from: http://amirviews.smugmug.com/Landscapes/yellowstone/10630649_jL24wc#!i=740908897&k=R5cdTWQ

And some of the wildlife: http://amirviews.smugmug.com/Wildlife/Yellowstone/10636950_6TQkkx#!i=740903621&k=Vc8pbzL

Here is a behind the scene picture. Most of the roads in the park are closed. You get around with tour vans like this:

You see our tripods sans the big lens and cameras. The wildlife literally owns the place in winter:

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Be kind , he's done well this series , cant ask for more. Great day for Aussie sport 5-0 #theurnreturns , Hewitt over Federer in Brisbane. Welcome to WBF .

Federer showed up for about ten minutes in that match. Remarkable performance from Hewitt but dismal from Fed. Pitiful actually.:(

drunkenrabbit

Dec 1, 2013
Sydney, Aus
Not one of Federer's better days...

@Amir - thanks for the links and great photo's, they are amazing - the wildlife in particular really captured my imagination - I love animals.

Many many thanks

Andrew

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Federer showed up for about ten minutes in that match. Remarkable performance from Hewitt but dismal from Fed. Pitiful actually.:(

That is the WORST I have ever seen Federer hit the ball. he will not win another major

drunkenrabbit

Dec 1, 2013
Sydney, Aus

Thanks for the warm welcome - sorry I missed it earlier.

Warner done well? Not sure about that but no worse than any of the other top orders I suppose, except Steve Smith, who for me has been the standout batsman of this series, along with Haddin. Terrific partnership stands they put on.

If Warner would temper his recklessness, take time to put together an innings and resist slogging until it didn't matter, he would be an asset. He has amazing natural talent, and sees the ball very early. Perhaps he will develop as Smith did.

5-0 is outstanding - although I would have preferred that the English played alot better than they did, especially their top order batsman.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing