Hearing Test

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada

assuming your speaker/headphone can cover the frequency range, are these youtube tests good enough if you just want to have an idea?

now I know my tinnitus is ringing at 8khz :D

I am 49 and barely made it to 10khz (using my Ultrasone headphone)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Took different test. Barely 16hz...wife kept going...and asked to turn it off!

bvdiman

Mar 7, 2013
Yeay Lloyd how are you?!

Took similar test where max.is 16khz. I managed to hit 15khz. My sis 45yrs old got to 12khz, while her husband 55 heard nothing north of 8! :D

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I just took the top test with my crappy computer speakers and with the home theater system playing in the next room and I heard sound at well over 15 Khz.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Just based upon my computer monitor speakers on the first test, I can hear some sort of annoying high pitched sound at around 140 but it really kicks in at 120 [16Hz]. The latter test fades off at right about 15 Hz.

I will say this, I have taken many hearing tests that are offered online. Even built a library out of all of the ones I have found. What I have discovered is that the results are inconsistent and can vary as much as Oprah's weight over the years. I always take these internet tests with a grain of salt, as I hope all of you would as well. If you really want to be sure, see a hearing doctor or audiologist.

Tom

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yeay Lloyd how are you?!

Took similar test where max.is 16khz. I managed to hit 15khz. My sis 45yrs old got to 12khz, while her husband 55 heard nothing north of 8! :D

Hi! Great to see you here again. You've got the best hearing in the house! ;) How is your insanely great system? Whats the latest? Anything new?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yep...just took this test with the little el cheapo headphones...forgot to adjust volume and nearly blew my ear off and managed to click stop at just under 16hz. Ouch! Fortunate that these little earphones don't go too loud and fortunately the earpiece wasn't in all the way. wont be doing that test again!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Tried it with my PC speakers. 3 different results depending on volume levels.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I think we can skip on the tweeterextension within the high end community
But i am sure there are some audiophiles that will hear tweeterextension well over 40 khz :D or if an amp extends to 100 khz

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I got tested a couple of years ago. Mostly dropped out at about 12k, but the audiologist told me that dips throughout the range, not. He top of the range, can have a lot more impact.

theguesswho

Feb 25, 2012
Connecticut
Hello, on the top test I heard 17,500hz and my dog was going crazy. He hates high pitch sounds.
On the second test I heard from 40hz upwards but the lower tones I felt as well as they made me nauseous!

Wendell

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing