Hallo from Germany

JeromeFrancis

Dec 9, 2023
Zurich
Thank you folks for the warm welcome!
Just to answer the question about the setup. This is a view I just took from the opposite side. I‘ve new speakers from audio physic „CODEX“, the amps are NAGRA VPA 50 W class a 845 tube power, the pre amp is a NAGRA JAZZ, CD player is NAGRA CDC, DAC is NAGRA classic DAC, digital recorders to be seen here are NAGRA V, VI and Seven. Turntable is a full spec LINN LP12. Streamer is NuPrime, but this is still under discussion.

The second picture showes on the left the T-Audio with analoge and digital monitor switchboard and preamps below from FUNK TONSTUDIOTECHNIK and on the right the NAGRA IVs reel to reel with NAGRA professional DAC below on top of a Revox B215 cassette tape deck.

What do I prefer to listen? Jazz, Folk, Country, Pop, Rock, some classic…

An where are the open baffle speakers? I used them (TRIO 15) for some ten years and replaced them recently by the audio physics.

But the TRIOs are still in my room waiting for a second life.
Hello Gerhard,

I wanted to ask you if you actually modified and treated your Haller furniture. Some say resonances are pretty bad. There’s a shop i stumbled upon which is specialized in treating USM racks and reduce resonances by a factor of 50 or so:

I am considering it as i prefer the design to conventional Hifi racks. What do you think?

Cheers, J.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing