Hallo from Germany

Sonicman

Aug 20, 2023
Krefeld, Germany
Good day to all! My name is Gerhard and I live in Krefeld, Germany. I just found this forum and registered immediately. I am a bit obsessed with NAGRA, especially the Professional era. I hope to find other crazies here who share my passion for tape recorders to digital recorders. And of course for high quality recordings.
Here is a picture of my listening room. On the left a NAGRA T-Audio and next to it a NAGRA IVs QGB.

IMG_5715.jpeg

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
Welcome, beautiful space.

Reactions: Sonicman

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Willkommen….,

Nice space you have, can you share with us information about your setup, what music you prefer to listen to?

Sonicman

Aug 20, 2023
Krefeld, Germany
Thank you folks for the warm welcome!
Just to answer the question about the setup. This is a view I just took from the opposite side. I‘ve new speakers from audio physic „CODEX“, the amps are NAGRA VPA 50 W class a 845 tube power, the pre amp is a NAGRA JAZZ, CD player is NAGRA CDC, DAC is NAGRA classic DAC, digital recorders to be seen here are NAGRA V, VI and Seven. Turntable is a full spec LINN LP12. Streamer is NuPrime, but this is still under discussion.

The second picture showes on the left the T-Audio with analoge and digital monitor switchboard and preamps below from FUNK TONSTUDIOTECHNIK and on the right the NAGRA IVs reel to reel with NAGRA professional DAC below on top of a Revox B215 cassette tape deck.

What do I prefer to listen? Jazz, Folk, Country, Pop, Rock, some classic…

An where are the open baffle speakers? I used them (TRIO 15) for some ten years and replaced them recently by the audio physics.

But the TRIOs are still in my room waiting for a second life.

Attachments

• IMG_5198.jpeg
    IMG_5198.jpeg
    840.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5200.jpeg
    IMG_5200.jpeg
    884.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5199.jpeg
    IMG_5199.jpeg
    601.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Good day to all! My name is Gerhard and I live in Krefeld, Germany. I just found this forum and registered immediately. I am a bit obsessed with NAGRA, especially the Professional era. I hope to find other crazies here who share my passion for tape recorders to digital recorders. And of course for high quality recordings.
Here is a picture of my listening room. On the left a NAGRA T-Audio and next to it a NAGRA IVs QGB.

View attachment 115356
Hallo Gerhard
Schön dass du hergefunden hast :cool:

Gruss Christoph

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Appreciate for sharing your setup photos, your system looks awesome.

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Bearing in mind that this thread is entitled "Hallo from Germany"

I would like some more context as to what sort of camp we're talking about here. Not to be too dark, but I'm thinking "Welcome to the Fold" might be more appropriate.

Reactions: Al M.

Woofer and Tweet

Feb 15, 2017
Burbank, California
Bearing in mind that this thread is entitled "Hallo from Germany"

I would like some more context as to what sort of camp we're talking about here. Not to be too dark, but I'm thinking "Welcome to the Fold" might be more appropriate.
I admit, my thinking was a bit one dimensional in scope. Camp, in this case, is suppose to be a fun experience (a getaway). I have "corrected" it and appreciate Sonicman's kind words. Welcome3.jpg

Reactions: Sonicman and Al M.

JeromeFrancis

Dec 9, 2023
Zurich
Hallo Gerhard! Great system you've got! I am new to the forum too and happen to be a Nagra fan as well. Looking forward to exchanging some Nagra related feedback and tips as there is not too much to find here about that exquisite Swiss brand yet! Grüsse aus der Schweiz, J
IMG_0183.jpeg

Last edited:

JeromeFrancis

Dec 9, 2023
Zurich
Thank you, the bass reproduction is excellent. The stage is in front of the head, where it belongs. A clear improvement compared to my Hifiman. The only thing I'll have to get used to is the weight.
Beautiful, i guess they will become even better once played a couple dozen hours. I know a thing about the weight of Audezes as i own a pair of LCD-2' which are much clunkier but once you're into the music, it's forgotten. Enjoy!

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Amazing room and system! Congratulations!

I am a bit of a Nagra fan myself, with the Reference Anniversary Turntable and HD Phono, alongside the HD DAC X in the main listening room. I also have a Tube DAC for my office / nightstand.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing