new member from Italy

garyseven

Oct 9, 2022
town by sea near Rome Italy
Hello Guys, joined few days ago. My name is Antonio, living in Italy in a in a small town by the sea. Now I’m retired. I was a terrestrial satellite ground station system engineer. I was able to read some posts with great interest. I found competent and helpful people, so I joined. I have been cultivating my passion for audio since I was just over 8 years old. My passion went out of control when I discovered reel tape recorders. But now I have decided to keep with me only the things that I can actually … really use. I am obliged to thank Charles STELLAVOX for the magnificent experience in listening his pre, that I’m proud owner.
I have a doughter and a wife who wants to nominate me for the next Hoarding: Buried Alive. HI FI edition.

Greetings from Italy

Have a nice day for you and bipeds and quadrupeds you love

antonio

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Antonio!

Tell your wife that as you get to know members here she may discover that you are not as bad as you could be!

You have some wonderful tape machines!

Please tell us about your horn loudspeaker system.

garyseven

Oct 9, 2022
town by sea near Rome Italy
Hi Ron , I'm afraid for late in answer.
I take this opportunity to wish everyone for incoming year to find as much time as possible to dedicate their passions..
BTW unfortunately my english is not fluently...
my horn systeM
sub: four push pull box with each two peerless 12 inch woofer versus two (one for each channel) 21 inch pro woofer with 4 Kw class D pro amplifier (POWERSOFT) crossed at 30/40 hz; tests will be ended not before next summer.
lower bass two (one of each channel) 21 inch pro woofer with 700 w class D based on hipex module crossed at 80/100 HX
upper bass two 15 inch conical horns selfmade
mid bass two custom 10 inch woofer JMLC 200t 1 meter with passive equalization based on Woszcyk Hegeman AES study. dont'ask me more...please..it seems something teleported by the Star Trek starship Entreprise
middle 2 inch compression driver with JMLC 600
high 1 inch compression driver with jmls 2000
supertweeter raal ribbon to be tested.
best wishes fo all from italy
have a nice day for you and all
beings that you love bipeds and quadrupeds

Attachments

• IMG_20201224_223457.jpg
    IMG_20201224_223457.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 8

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Antonio! Happy new year to you!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing