Greetings from Alabama

cytovette

Aug 17, 2023
Alabama, USA
I am an avid audiophile and DIYer. Spent 2 years in electronics school in the 70s, passed the associate CET and licensing exams, went back to school later and got into lab medicine (cytology).
I am semi-retired now and use my electronics training to build and modify gear. I am home brewer in cooler weather, beer doesn't brew well in Alabama summer heat.
You will see me asking questions, and answering too if I think I have something worth adding.

My latest completion is a JVC TD-V711 cassette deck from a thrift store that had been dropped in it's face with extensive damage. Currently I am working on a Teac A-4070 reel to reel but finding playback heads is a challenge to be sure.

I have a YouTube channel (not monetized) with videos of some of my work, if anyone is interested it is here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZzhbMIwnITW0-oTI7sqsKQ

Reactions: Al M. and dbeau

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Hello cytovette. Welcome to WBF! I am sure you will have much to offer being an electronics repair/refurb person.

Reactions: cytovette

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
Welcome. Where is Alabama? My daughter goes to Auburn so we are down often.

Beau

Reactions: cytovette

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing