Great site with fotos inside eletronics and now cables.

MarinJim

Feb 2, 2011
Angstrom Research I want bad.

danielk141

Mar 13, 2012
The pictures of the MIT interconnect are shocking, to me.
If this is indeed a representative sample of their workmanship, it's the worst quality I've seen, in audio...

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Hi George,
please could you say where the cables/items came from and known history (no need for detailed specifics but some confirmation such as if from an authorised dealer or how verified true would be ideal and also specific model) as my concern is ensuring they are the actual brand and not fakes, which may exist if purchased cheap on say ebay/agon/etc and possible even from some 2nd hand dealers who would not necessarily know a legit cable from a possible fake.
Great work on the cataloging and photos.

Thank you
Orb

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Although I can see the interest of such site, some of the pictures that are being shown are almost ten year old and have been debated ad nausea in forums. Although some people state that a picture is worth a thousand words, I think that in this case pictures without words are useless.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Hi George,
please could you say where the cables/items came from and known history (no need for detailed specifics but some confirmation such as if from an authorised dealer or how verified true would be ideal and also specific model) as my concern is ensuring they are the actual brand and not fakes,
Orb

Well in the case of Playback Designs and some of the others, the s/n is clearly visible.

Last edited:

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Yeah, that is what is really needed for most of the products photo'd, but my concern was more focused on cables and other "simple" electronic related devices.
Using quotes as simple is pretty relative when it comes to engineering :)

Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing