Music Matters Jazz Blue Note Definitive Series, 45RPM -- have all 112 Titles -- woohoo

vintage_tube

Nov 1, 2012
East Coast
I'm so very proud to mention after many & I say many phone calls, internet searches & touching base with several MMJ contacts; I now have the remaining 10 titles I did not own & secured all 112 titles in the Music Matters Jazz Blue Note Definitive 45RPM series. This first began at RMAF around 2006 in the McIntosh room with Steve Hoffman himself playing one of the first MMJ Titles on the new McIntosh MT-10 TT through a C2300/MC275 combo.

I became a subscriber after returning from that trip.

Of all my LP's these are the ones I cherish the most -- from the outer jackets to the inside gatefold photos, the magnificent stamping and most importantly the mastering. These are audio nirvana heaven and earth on 4 sides.

The 112th title was the hardest to locate -- a sealed MMBST-84212 -- Lee Morgan "Gigolo" and is the most I've ever paid for an LP - but these are not going down in value, so I sucked it up and committed.

The closet that houses all 112 titles is below (99 on the 2d shelf alone with 90° angle iron underneath support - no sag & secure).

Best to all,

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 29

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
congrats on your completest achievement! very cool deal.

i'm a big 45rpm fan too, and own most of those, but never did the work to carefully find them all. i agree about the quality of the Music Matters pressings and production, second to none. my hat is off to that whole team.

i have that Lee Morgan, 'Gigolo' too. Last night i played my serial number #0063 pressing of MMBLP-1557 "Lee Morgan, Vol 3" on my new mono set up. it was superb!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Congrats, I don't have all of them, but many - plenty of which remained unopened...

I have close to all the Tone Poets as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing