Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Fascinating, i had observed that there seem to be quite a high % of full Aries Cerat system owners...what % of single piece buyers end up going to full system (not necessarily in 6 months...just in total)?

If I can speak for my customer and prospect base; they all either already have or have the intention to go to a full AC system. They invariably find it all so compelling, as I once did (and still do)! It mostly takes quite a while as thus far only one of my customers went for the full range immediately, others know that it is their end game but do so as funds allow.

Just this weekend paid a visit with my installation to a prospect, just the Incito S preamp alone is making the customer wanting to sell his almost triple priced preamp highly talked about in this forum. He also intends to go for a full system. Once you heard it properly it seems to be a haunting experience...

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
If I can speak for my customer and prospect base; they all either already have or have the intention to go to a full AC system. They invariably find it all so compelling, as I once did (and still do)! It mostly takes quite a while as thus far only one of my customers went for the full range immediately, others know that it is their end game but do so as funds allow.

Just this weekend paid a visit with my installation to a prospect, just the Incito S preamp alone is making the customer wanting to sell his almost triple priced preamp highly talked about in this forum. He also intends to go for a full system. Once you heard it properly it seems to be a haunting experience...

Thanks. Will PM.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Thank you for the warm wishes.

Stavros and I talked yesterday and ran the numbers. Turns out more than half (58.89% to be exact) of the Aries Cerat owners own a full system of Aries Cerat gear. Even more interesting is those owners who made the leap went from a single purchase (amp, pre, etc) to a full system in less than 6 months of ownership. As an owner of two reference systems of well known manufacturers, I think Billy can attest to the dramatic difference in performance of hearing the Reference System I have vs the Limited Edition System he has purchased.

I hope that many of you will have an opportunity to come visit Austin and see what all the fuss is about when the room is finished.

Interesting. That is a very good client response there. I think it comes down to:

1. Sound quality (is so good it is very convincing to stay in-brand) That and the fact AC make almost everything else bar TTs, and to the same high standards.
2. Build Quality
3. System synergy (though my Kassandra works great in my other make system).

TBH I would be after a Diana MB for sure, and then some AC speakers, but finances don't allow it at the moment. But, never say never.....

The impact the Kassandra has wrought in my system, it is enormous, really a big kick up the butt too everything else in the chain. It has woken EVERYTHING up, I wasn't ready for that.:p

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com

This is incredibly accurate. Given that the price point of this equipment is most certainly on the high end of Hifi, there is still that desire to pursue it regardless of current financial circumstances. Most just pick the one piece of equipment they can afford, usually the DAC, and then realize just how much a single piece of gear can unlock performance to a degree not thought possible. Just the LE Impera II preamp was enough to convince Billy that a 20+ year old speaker could sound better than any modern day loudspeaker!

I have now been able to hear what the Kassandra LE DAC and Impera LE Preamp can properly do on the Symphonia Type S and it is unimaginable. And I mean that. Will blow your F&^%$# mind.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I agree. In my own humble system I think I have some of this Cyprus magic going on. Listening to Select Cuts from Blood & Fire. Wow, the bass and guitars, fantastic sound here in Spain!

Chooooon !

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Ahem

As you were...

Beautiful system btw. Congrats to Billy and all involved.
Aries Cerat youhave pm, via website inquiry form
But I'll ask the question again here....is there anywhere in the UK one can hear this incredible system, or aspects of it?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ahem

As you were...

But I'll ask the question again here....is there anywhere in the UK one can hear this incredible system, or aspects of it?

You can in Brussels, at Flyer (Michel's) place

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Ahem

As you were...

Hello

There is a full AC system being set up in London,but in phases.Electronics are being landed,and it will be complete after the speakers are delivered,after the summer.

As per our email, at this point, the closest Symphonia system is in Belgium,two actually,one in Leuben and one in northern shore.

Cheers
Stavros

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I have to say, a 'one make' system at this level is gaining appeal to me.
Funny how we start out with all one make systems, then head off into separates, and ultimately travel full circle.
For me it's like a martial art;
learning a little, then learning a lot, then finally appreciating that in truth i don't know anything :)

Reactions: Argonaut

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Stavros, I trust you’ll let us know about the London location when things are rolling.

Unlike Ked, a lot of the rest of us aren’t minded to just hop on a plane or Eurostar to go audition gear.

I for one would really love to hear for myself what is seemingly so special to AC owners, and the chance of doing so in London would be great.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Stavros, I trust you’ll let us know about the London location when things are rolling.

Unlike Ked, a lot of the rest of us aren’t minded to just hop on a plane or Eurostar to go audition gear.

I for one would really love to hear for myself what is seemingly so special to AC owners, and the chance of doing so in London would be great.

Why aren't you so minded? It is neither difficult or terribly expensive to do? If you don't have family then little is stopping you (my weekends are usually spoken for). I never travelled like Ked but still did frequent trips around Switzerland, Germany, France and Netherlands BK(before kid) to visit and hear systems. Trips to Black Forrest Audio to hear Kondo, New Audio Frontiers, Silvaweld and others was very instructive, for example.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There is no difference in the travel from where Marc lives to London or EU except that the latter requires a passport.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I’d never have guessed that Ked, thanks.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I'm gonna put my hand up here as someone who avoids unnecessary travel.

However i try to balance this by maintaining good audio dealer relationships, so they tend to be only too happy to lend me gear for home demo.
Which, tbh, is a more reliable audition anyhoo :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm gonna put my hand up here as someone who avoids unnecessary travel.

However i try to balance this by maintaining good audio dealer relationships, so they tend to be only too happy to lend me gear for home demo.
Which, tbh, is a more reliable audition anyhoo :)

Only if you can audition everything at home. If you, for example, audition two speakers with two amps at home, leaving out numerous permutations and combinations, you will likely arrive at the wrong conclusions. In fact, I would say that most home auditions are limited by budget and space, and hence lead to the wrong purchase. The ideal way, aside from being able to audition everything at home, is to create a shortlist from travel and then audition the shortlist at home

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I’m amused Ked that you declare this opinion as some kind of fact.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I’m amused Ked that you declare this opinion as some kind of fact.

Opinions become facts when you travel more than 10000 kms or get more than 5 stamps in your passport ... :D

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Only if you can audition everything at home. If you, for example, audition two speakers with two amps at home, leaving out numerous permutations and combinations, you will likely arrive at the wrong conclusions. In fact, I would say that most home auditions are limited by budget and space, and hence lead to the wrong purchase. The ideal way, aside from being able to audition everything at home, is to create a shortlist from travel and then audition the shortlist at home

IMHO (not a fact, just on opinion :) ) listening to many systems is enjoyable and we can learn about the limits of equipment and sound reproduction, but is of little use to know in detail about equipment. It can help to learn about our preferences if we do not have a firm idea on them.

Again IMHO there are no "best" rules to assemble a system. The variables are too many. We must find some equipment we trust in our minds and get it at home. Then move on assembling a system.

Most high-end equipment has excellent sound quality. A good part of it not compatible with our preferences and way of life. IMHO if you have to travel a lot to listen you should consider such equipment with care - a good friend just spent more than 100k in a complete system and is now waiting in silence for a visit of the seller in June to solve a problem. And yes, he traveled to listen to it ...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You completely changed what I said to match your theory

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing