Found 9 NOS Western Electric 300B tubes!

BillWojo

Jun 11, 2015
Burlington, NJ
8 are dated 1952 and one has an engraved base making it late 30's or very early 40'. All tested as new on a TUV-D/U calibrated tube tester. Was helping a fellow sort through a bunch of old electronic junk in his attic and came upon a box of these tubes. 20190922_164959_resized.jpg 20190922_164712_resized.jpg

My friend with the tester and I will be helping to broker them. I still can't believe these were up there all these years. 2 weeks ago when the fellow and I found them I didn't even get excited, figured like most of the junk up in that attic that they were way past their prime. Told him that when I come back I would bring my buddy with a calibrated tester. I really wasn't expecting much, figured that they would either be dead or near dead but all 9 tubes tested as new. My friends first comment was "Wow, look at the lettering, looks fresh". We were both astonished when we were done testing the batch. It goes to show you that finds like this can still be made.

BillWojo

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Wow, pretty much like a lottery win... great to hear, I hope they all find good homes.

Reactions: RogerD

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Pure Gold!

BillWojo

Jun 11, 2015
Burlington, NJ
Well, they are not mine. I think the owner would like to sell them and we are thinking to sell as one lot.
This is the one forum that a few folks have mega bucks tied up in their systems. A number of folks here probably have more tied up in cables than the value of this entire lot. LOL
One nice thing about WE 300B is how long they last if driven conservatively.

BillWojo

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
And for some, it is even seductive.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) One nice thing about WE 300B is how long they last if driven conservatively.

BillWojo

Does any one have factual data (number of hours) on typical life of these tubes at a reference plate current?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing