Flying Saucers, what is our audio world coming to?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
A not so distant cousin of mpingo

http://www.shunmook.com/text1.htm

Distant cousin? Shun Mook makes the discs. Shun Mook was around 20 years ago and are nothing really new.

The Mpingo discs didn't do anything in my system but did in a fellow reviewers system with MBL 101s. Interesting thing is that with some of these tweaks, it's more instructive to have someone change them, as was done with the MBLs, while you listen, rather than getting up and then sitting down and relistening. As far the other products go, are you saying the feet and record clamp can't affect the sound?

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
As far the other products go, are you saying the feet and record clamp can't affect the sound?

Only the discs. I know a record clamp and feet can affect the sound.

Many moons ago, I was installing a SigTech in a guy's room. The room was probably 30 feet long by 18 feet wide with 9 foot ceilings. He was using Dunlavy SC - VI's.

He had O N E of the mpingo discs on the long wall, and was describing how it affected the laminar flow and really cleaned up the midrange !! So a single disk of approximately 3 square inches on a wall of approximately 38,000 square inches audibly changed the sound??

Consider me a skeptic.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing