Field Coil Driver Panel Discussion at Southwest Audio Fest 2024

Just want to add a thought about Treehaus here.

I went to their showroom in TC today. Had a great experience with Rich, a very very nice guy. He answered all my technical questions about the design of their OB speakers, amp, preamps, choices for materials, etc. No hiding at all, lol. I mean, you don't really find many honest people who share all nowadays... Not to even mention the great sound I heard from their showroom.

I was there only for their 300B amp at the beginning. Now I feel like I want them all... preamps, amps, OB speakers... Seriously, OB was never on my radar. I always feel I like horns better and OBs just don't have the density and realness until I heard Treehaus OB. No horns for me now... I am going for OB!

The more I think about their design (OB, amps, preamps), the more I feel 'if I were to build one myself, I would do that too'. I was about to order a pair of horns yesterday (they are still nice) and I am glad I went to Treehaus today and gave it a try...

Thank you for this report!

I like open baffle. Open baffle steers the sonic presentation, to me, in the direction of planar dipoles, as opposed to a closed box.

I like open baffle on Diesis Roma and Wolf Von Langa London and Songer S2.

Reactions: gestalt
Thank you for this report!

I like open baffle. Open baffle steers the sonic presentation, to me, in the direction of planar dipoles, as opposed to a closed box.

I like open baffle on Diesis Roma and Wolf Von Langa London and Songer S2.
Yea... I can see how people love open baffles now. The door is opened and won't be closed!

I will jump on the bandwagon with appreciation for what Treehaus is doing with their speakers, amps and preamps.
As a fan of field coils, I use them in my own speakers, I have had the chance to hear both the WVL London and Chicago recently and have an appreciation for both the use of FC drivers and the OB implementation shared with Treehaus.
Also a fan of the fact Treehaus is directly coupling the driver tube to the output tube in the amps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing