Ferrari LaFerrari vs Bugatti Chiron

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
agreed 100%

here's my take on the rear end.......demographically the avg age of a new Corvette buyer has risen from the mid fifties just a decade ago to now mid sixties. Not a good thing, so with the probable demise of the Camaro a couple of years away GM is 'planting the seed'

I'm betting on the Camaro being replaced by a new Corvette branded front engine GT car.

Camaro has it's pros and cons... it is a historic name but like any long running performance car has it's stigmas and stereotypes regarding it's typical owners. Too many people won't consider a Camaro because of that, same with the Vette, but the new C8 Vette is changing that perception and I think a brand new car under the Corvette brand name would be a much smarter move vs a new gen Camaro. I also bet there will be a smaller car, maybe a Miata/86 competitor and a sporty SUV, the SS version of the Blazer.

I think GM would be crazy not to capitalize on the new C8's hype and turn the Corvette name into a brand.

Reactions: christoph

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Which was taken from previous Vettes.

IMO the new C8 is a home run all around. Including the wheel. All anyone can do is pick nits...

I was initially a fan of the C7 but didn't age well at all. Hope this one is better. Corvette hasn't been able to sustain sales in years - perhaps the mid engine will change that.

The car is still associated with too many old geazers vs a younger demographic. They tried to switch that with the C7 but it didn't work.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I'm betting on the Camaro being replaced by a new Corvette branded front engine GT car.

Camaro has it's pros and cons... it is a historic name but like any long running performance car has it's stigmas and stereotypes regarding it's typical owners. Too many people won't consider a Camaro because of that, same with the Vette, but the new C8 Vette is changing that perception and I think a brand new car under the Corvette brand name would be a much smarter move vs a new gen Camaro. I also bet there will be a smaller car, maybe a Miata/86 competitor and a sporty SUV, the SS version of the Blazer.

I think GM would be crazy not to capitalize on the new C8's hype and turn the Corvette name into a brand.

Disagree - the problem with the Camaro is its an inferior car inside and out to the Mustang. It might be great on a track, but the design is very poor as a daily driver.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Disagree - the problem with the Camaro is its an inferior car inside and out to the Mustang. It might be great on a track, but the design is very poor as a daily driver.

utter nonsense, at the price point of the SS 1LE there is little (if any) competition in the world. The suspension and underpinnings alone are superior to the 'Stang.

Now, as for it's visibility issues, there I will agree .........

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
I was initially a fan of the C7 but didn't age well at all. Hope this one is better. Corvette hasn't been able to sustain sales in years - perhaps the mid engine will change that.

The car is still associated with too many old geazers vs a younger demographic. They tried to switch that with the C7 but it didn't work.

LOL, while at coffee & cars this morning there were no less than a half dozen C7's in the hands of youngsters(less than 40) to which I was somewhat surprised given it's 'old geezer' status as you put it.

In so far as the aging thing, again, nonsense, each succeeding generation has improved upon the former. The C7 is and remains a performance bargain. My son just bought a brand new C7 Grand Sport for 57k. The lowest priced Porsche will cost well above that and in doing so will do nothing but stare at it's taillights ! Not that Porsche is not a great car, it most definitely is !!

Reactions: christoph

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014

It's mechanically superior in every way, performance and reliability. Interior is far better too, no creaks and rattles, better overall design. Paint is better, etc, etc.

Visibility could be better but is no worse than many other sports cars.

I'm not sure when sports cars are judged as being superior daily drivers... who cares!?

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa

that would be an interesting scenario .........

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The Bugatti Chiron is more my style, over the Ferrari LaFerrari.
I would much prefer owning and driving the Chiron between those two.

Between Mustang, Camaro and Corvette...2020 models?
The new C8 Stingray I like...black, or midnight blue.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
We just had a Chiron in the shop where the owner didnt paint the car, just shot clear over the Carbon, freeking stunningly gorgeous! Wish I could post pics, but I cant for privacy reasons.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yeah, that's my color, my bolide...the perfect ride today, when all the autumn leaves cover the roads alongside the ocean and the trees are multicolored rainbows.

Forget the orange interior, I want cream.

Last edited:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
We just had a Chiron in the shop where the owner didnt paint the car, just shot clear over the Carbon, freeking stunningly gorgeous! Wish I could post pics, but I cant for privacy reasons.

Doug DeMuro recently did a vid of a McLaren P1 in matte carbon... wow!

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014

Also:

"There was never a circumstance when our drivers wouldn’t have preferred to drive the Camaro instead of the Mustang."

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...019-ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-level-2/

The Mustang PP2 is a ridiculous car with tires their owners can't afford to replace and don't work well on the street just so it can make an attempt to compete with the Camaro. What a joke!

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Nice paint!

Are you going to PPF the car too?

Reactions: Hi-FiGuy

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Nice paint!

Are you going to PPF the car too?

No chance of that happening.
That clear coat was so flawless it is difficult to photograph and the picture does it zero justice, you have to see it in person to appreciate.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Paint jobs ...
I know some folks here who like blue ...

truthfully Bob, when I looked at the Bugatti I damn near barfed !

I do have fond memories from the mid-late sixties when the 'Big 3' turned out some amazing blue paint jobs !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing