Ferrari LaFerrari vs Bugatti Chiron

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
I'm no expert, but the Porsche 919 only got 4 cylinders. It can't be nearly has fast as the Ferrari or the Bugatti right?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Lovely family. And that was good that she got an article in the mag...three pages.
She's a very nice lady, and the cars she shows us are simply...fantasmagoric.

I posted some of her YouTube car videos in the past. She has a sizeable collection, and none are bad. Cars are an excellent match with hi-end audio. Keep them spinning ...

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Could this be the new king of speed for 2019 !

Beautiful car Bob and again, a beautiful lady.

one thing that cracks me up is the number of 'old farts' that make fun of 'square' steering wheel on the new C8 Corvette and low and behold look what's in this hypercar !

Reactions: christoph

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I prefer a round steering wheel personally, I'm old fashion when it comes to drive.
That doesn't mean that I hate people who drive with a square steering wheel, to the contrary, I love them equally. I love everyone with different preferences, the human species. :)
And also personally I prefer more women, the feminine side of the human section. There's nothing square about women, it's all rounded with curves. So for me cars have a certain related touch ... that's all.

And ... observe the steering wheel, it is truly a question of preference, and not "exigence".

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Beautiful car Bob and again, a beautiful lady.

one thing that cracks me up is the number of 'old farts' that make fun of 'square' steering wheel on the new C8 Corvette and low and behold look what's in this hypercar !

By the way Dave, this is Audio_Karma's post you quoted.
Him too has great taste in cars ...

Plus, I'm not that old myself...people say I look 46. Old is 100 and up ...

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
By the way Dave, this is Audio_Karma's post you quoted.
Him too has great taste in cars ...

Plus, I'm not that old myself...people say I look 46. Old is 100 and up ...

I hear 'ya Bob, when it comes to 'old farts' and Corvettes I'm one of them, I've owned them since '76 .......

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
In 1976 I bought my first car. ... A 55 Dodge Sedan with a six flat inline, manuel transmission & cluth. It had a huge round steering wheel, nothing square yet from 55 to 76, not that I'm aware of.
So that doesn't make me an old fart and neither you because we're much younger than 100, plus we look the parts. :cool:

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Bob, I have nothing against a round steering wheel, my old bucket of bolts has one ..... IMG_0667.jpg it's just that I do like the new wheel on the C8

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The biggest problem with the Vette isn’t the squared off steering wheel but the Camaro rear end

Which was taken from previous Vettes.

IMO the new C8 is a home run all around. Including the wheel. All anyone can do is pick nits...

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
IMO the new C8 is a home run all around. Including the wheel. All anyone can do is pick nits...

agreed 100%

here's my take on the rear end.......demographically the avg age of a new Corvette buyer has risen from the mid fifties just a decade ago to now mid sixties. Not a good thing, so with the probable demise of the Camaro a couple of years away GM is 'planting the seed'

Reactions: christoph and DaveC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing