Entreq Tellus grounding

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
today we have an 'Entreq Event' at the barn. a few Entreq enthusiasts are getting together in my room later today and experience all the grounding things going on in my system, trade Entreq perspectives, and enjoy the new Infinity level cables.

WBF member 'eds60' is driving down from Vancouver, B.C. and will bring at least one other of his Entreq enthusiast friends. WBF member 'Mossback', another Entreq enthusiast, who lives in the Seattle area, will also be joining us.

and wouldn't you know it, this morning we have our first real snowfall of the year here at the barn. it will be a nice day to be inside with fellow music lovers listening.

View attachment 37026

SUPREME IN SEATTLE !!!!

Look forward to reading about the event . Have a great time y'all.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
+1.

as you say. as we move down this road to optimal grounding it seems that the musical equation is more and more the experiential and direct to our senses, and less to our conscious brain. the music pulls us over into the emotional and fills us up. and i think that is what we want.

member Tang made an interesting point that these grounding products can 'possibly' take us further than other gear upgrades can, and in ways not otherwise accessible.

Thanks Mike and picking up on your other most recent posts.
On Radio 3FM this morning they broadcast Wagner Tannhauser Overture from Daniel Barenboim and Berlin StaatsKappel and later Don Giovanni's Let our hands entwine aria with Bryn Terfel Cecilia Bartoli plus some other lovely varied pieces which bore out your perceptions of how these grounding applications better communicate the sense and emotions of the music along with black backgrounds and more clearly delineated musical elements. Audiocrack reports the same effects with his Tripoints. What I heard this morning sounded better than I have ever heard before from my system and again like you I'm pretty sure its a burning in/settling effect of both the cables and the new Infinity connectors.
Hope the do has gone well and that the snow hasn't interfered too much with people's travel. I was pruning a Golden Elder in the garden in bright lunchtime sunshine and thinking its getting colder before I read your post and photo.Reminded me Xmas is now on the horizon but white ones are very rare here in our milder climate which suits me fine. Has been very mild for the time of the year here in Essex about 30 miles north east of London but good to get the latest round of updates done for the coming winter.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
What a nice event. Very cool.
I may have an Entreq product that you haven't seen. It's not a big deal, but it's convenient.
It's an Eartha Challenger Double Y-cable;

I modified the 4Point connection box with a grounding post, so now I have one grounding cable connected from tonearm --> stepup --> phono --> Tellus.

I have tested the other cables also, but so far I prefer the Challenger in my system.

Thanks for sharing your Challenger photos Calle.
I had Challenger biwire speakers cables prior to the Apollo Infinity upgrade and they were very good. I also have Challenger 3V power cables on my sources and very pleased with those too.
Definitetly a good buy in the Entreq range.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Great feedback Barry!!!
Congratulations for continuing upgrade on your grounding journey

Belated thanks Paolo.
Pardon me for not replying earlier but just so preoccupied with the latest upgrades.
I hope you are well and that your system continues to delight
Have you got any upgrades in mind just now?

Tom Edwards

Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello all.
I've been lurking about the forum for sometime now and have eventually decided to join this thread and give my side of things, Entreq .
I first purchase a Silver Tellus last year and had it connected to my dCS Puccini and U clock. Quite a revelation and got me hooked on Entreq immediately. The only downside that I can find to Entreq is it is completely addictive! I then went on to upgrade my cd player as well last year, trading it in for a Vitus RCD 101 and upgrading my interconnects to Challenger XLR. At that point I had the cd player and interconnects earthed via Apollo cables to the silver Tellus. Later last year I replaced my Krell power amp with a Vitus RI 100 which was also connected to the silver Tellus. At every stage the Entreq has allowed the music to flow better in every way. At the beginning of the year I purchased my first Posiedon and had it connected to the RI 100. I was going to connect it to the speaker outputs as well but sort of got distracted by the urge to replace my RCD 101 cd player with a Vitus SCD 025 (the player I should have purchased initially). Being a bit of a tweeker I decided one day to swap the silver Tellus with the Posiedon. Posiedon centre connected to SCD and the two outer terminals connected to the interconnects Apollo earth's. Silver Tellus went on to the RI 100 on its own.
Bad move! The jump in performance was immense. For a while it stayed that way until I discovered that you could purchase a dedicated cable to connect a silver Tellus to the dedicated mains supply. This type of connection means that you can only use the silver Tellus for this purpose and can't use it to connect anything else. This seemed a wise move instead of trading in and losing money as I wanted another Posiedon to finish off the amp and speaker outputs. I didn't bargain on this connection making the biggest improvement I have ever had in my system. Absolutely jaw dropping. Then I began to wonder what would happen if I had an Atlantis Tellus connected to the silver Tellus. A couple of phone calls later and it was arranged for Fraser and my dealer to visit last week. According to Fraser he didn't know of anyone in the UK that had tried an Atlantis Tellus/Silver Tellus connected to the mains and was very keen to here if it made any improvement. We played some John Grant with just the silver Tellus connected. Really excellent. Fraser then connected the Atlantis Tellus and we played the same track at the same volume. Well you wouldn't think it was the same track we were listening too. It was,well just there. Fraser couldn't believe it, neither could my dealer or I. Suffice to say I now have an Atlantis Tellus and still waiting to get my Posiedon. I can safely say that the addition of the Entreq equipment has done more to improve my enjoyment of music than I can ever have imagined.
Tom

Reactions: Raizen

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Tom ,

Welcome to WBF . Good of you to share your Entreq experiences . Could you expand on how you connected the Silve rTelkus to the mains , which Earth cable did you use ?

Tom Edwards

Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Many thanks Jazzhead.
The cable I used ,bearing in mind I'm in the UK is called a 'UK Eartha Apollo'. It is the same cable as used to connect an Olympus Tellus to the house mains earth. Hopefully that makes sense.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hello all.
I've been lurking about the forum for sometime now and have eventually decided to join this thread and give my side of things, Entreq .
I first purchase a Silver Tellus last year and had it connected to my dCS Puccini and U clock. Quite a revelation and got me hooked on Entreq immediately. The only downside that I can find to Entreq is it is completely addictive! I then went on to upgrade my cd player as well last year, trading it in for a Vitus RCD 101 and upgrading my interconnects to Challenger XLR. At that point I had the cd player and interconnects earthed via Apollo cables to the silver Tellus. Later last year I replaced my Krell power amp with a Vitus RI 100 which was also connected to the silver Tellus. At every stage the Entreq has allowed the music to flow better in every way. At the beginning of the year I purchased my first Posiedon and had it connected to the RI 100. I was going to connect it to the speaker outputs as well but sort of got distracted by the urge to replace my RCD 101 cd player with a Vitus SCD 025 (the player I should have purchased initially). Being a bit of a tweeker I decided one day to swap the silver Tellus with the Posiedon. Posiedon centre connected to SCD and the two outer terminals connected to the interconnects Apollo earth's. Silver Tellus went on to the RI 100 on its own.
Bad move! The jump in performance was immense. For a while it stayed that way until I discovered that you could purchase a dedicated cable to connect a silver Tellus to the dedicated mains supply. This type of connection means that you can only use the silver Tellus for this purpose and can't use it to connect anything else. This seemed a wise move instead of trading in and losing money as I wanted another Posiedon to finish off the amp and speaker outputs. I didn't bargain on this connection making the biggest improvement I have ever had in my system. Absolutely jaw dropping. Then I began to wonder what would happen if I had an Atlantis Tellus connected to the silver Tellus. A couple of phone calls later and it was arranged for Fraser and my dealer to visit last week. According to Fraser he didn't know of anyone in the UK that had tried an Atlantis Tellus/Silver Tellus connected to the mains and was very keen to here if it made any improvement. We played some John Grant with just the silver Tellus connected. Really excellent. Fraser then connected the Atlantis Tellus and we played the same track at the same volume. Well you wouldn't think it was the same track we were listening too. It was,well just there. Fraser couldn't believe it, neither could my dealer or I. Suffice to say I now have an Atlantis Tellus and still waiting to get my Posiedon. I can safely say that the addition of the Entreq equipment has done more to improve my enjoyment of music than I can ever have imagined.
Tom

Thank you for sharing your experiences of Entreq with us Tom.
Took me right back to the earlier stages of my Entreq journey particularly as I have a Vitus SIA 025 amp and a Puccini until quite recently.
Adding a Poseidon to my system for neg speaker terminal grounding and amp grounding was one of my most successful upgrades so there is more to come from your system.
IME the next priority to go for.
Keep us posted.

Tom Edwards

Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Many thanks Barry.
I have a Posiedon in the pipeline so to speak for the RI 100. I have the Atlantis earth cable already. Grounding the speaker outputs may have to wait till next year as piggy bank has taken a battering this year!
Regards

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
today we have an 'Entreq Event' at the barn. a few Entreq enthusiasts are getting together in my room later today and experience all the grounding things going on in my system, trade Entreq perspectives, and enjoy the new Infinity level cables.

WBF member 'eds60' is driving down from Vancouver, B.C. and will bring at least one other of his Entreq enthusiast friends. WBF member 'Mossback', another Entreq enthusiast, who lives in the Seattle area, will also be joining us.

and wouldn't you know it, this morning we have our first real snowfall of the year here at the barn. it will be a nice day to be inside with fellow music lovers listening.

View attachment 37026

Thank you Mike for letting our group to listen to your system for the whole afternoon. And share what you have done to your room to improve the sound. I used Realtraps, Vicoustics and ASI resonators. I am interest in room acoustic and I think the room is the most important component. You already has a really good listening room and you never stop finding a way to improve the room. I need to work harder to improve my small listening room.

The sound characteristic of your system is completely different than my last visit 11 years ago. Before the midrange is much warmer, probably because you have a few Transparent Opus in your system. This time the sound of the instruments are very real. Every instruments are just like in front of me in the room. The soundstage width was so wide, similiar to what I heard in a concert hall.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

View attachment 37026

Wow that's beautiful. Same time of the year that I was there last November but did not get the snow.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Belated thanks Paolo.
Pardon me for not replying earlier but just so preoccupied with the latest upgrades.
I hope you are well and that your system continues to delight
Have you got any upgrades in mind just now?

I'm well Barry thank you, hope you too.
I lost a bit of passion for Hi-End, due to last summer season and sailing boat :).
Now, with the incoming cold season it rises again.
I've upgraded the speaker cable adding MIT Oracle MA series, with an amazing result, which has reduced the positive effect of grounding the negative terminals of my Spectral. It's still present but much less than with the old cables.
I follow with interest your journey into the grounding arena, but I have not yet understood what the Infinity update is....

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
thanks Paolo, if you are ever in the neighborhood, you would be welcome and we could have our own event.:D

thanks Mike and sorry for the late reply.
It would be a miracle to find the time to arrange a trip to come to you to "see" (not touch) and listen your incredible system.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I'm well Barry thank you, hope you too.
I lost a bit of passion for Hi-End, due to last summer season and sailing boat :).
Now, with the incoming cold season it rises again.
I've upgraded the speaker cable adding MIT Oracle MA series, with an amazing result, which has reduced the positive effect of grounding the negative terminals of my Spectral. It's still present but much less than with the old cables.
I follow with interest your journey into the grounding arena, but I have not yet understood what the Infinity update is....

Thanks Paolo
Good to hear all well and happily the same here.
Interesting what you have experienced with the MIT cable.
The Infinity upgrade is a new geometry and connector. As I mentioned my entry to Infinity was combined with an upgrade to Apollo speaker cables and Dual AES and I have been delighted with the results. Hope to upgrade the Atlantis earth cables on the Poseidon and the Apollo i/cs to Infinity soon so should then be able to evaluate more accurately the effects of the Infinity.
Will keep you posted!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thank you Mike for letting our group to listen to your system for the whole afternoon. And share what you have done to your room to improve the sound. I used Realtraps, Vicoustics and ASI resonators. I am interest in room acoustic and I think the room is the most important component. You already has a really good listening room and you never stop finding a way to improve the room. I need to work harder to improve my small listening room.

The sound characteristic of your system is completely different than my last visit 11 years ago. Before the midrange is much warmer, probably because you have a few Transparent Opus in your system. This time the sound of the instruments are very real. Every instruments are just like in front of me in the room. The soundstage width was so wide, similiar to what I heard in a concert hall.

Dear Edmund,

please accept my apologies for this late response, it has been a crazy busy week with work pressures, house guests and the distraction of amazing new footers for my digital.

anyway; it was my pleasure to host you and your friends, I truly enjoyed it and both the music and the discussions. I think that the Entreq gear was certainly part of the musical magic. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the room......and agree with your comments about the sound now being more real and without as much of it's own sound as before. that has been my agenda for sure.....to remove the system and any coloration from the musical equation......to get out of the way of the musical message. something the Entreq seems to allow to a high degree.

again thank you for taking the time to travel down and visit.

best regards,

Mike

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Dear Edmund,

please accept my apologies for this late response, it has been a crazy busy week with work pressures, house guests and the distraction of amazing new footers for my digital.

anyway; it was my pleasure to host you and your friends, I truly enjoyed it and both the music and the discussions. I think that the Entreq gear was certainly part of the musical magic. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the room......and agree with your comments about the sound now being more real and without as much of it's own sound as before. that has been my agenda for sure.....to remove the system and any coloration from the musical equation......to get out of the way of the musical message. something the Entreq seems to allow to a high degree.

again thank you for taking the time to travel down and visit.

best regards,

Mike

Hi Mike:

No problem. I am still trying different connections on Poseidon and Silver Tellus.

Edmund

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
2 weeks ago when I received the new Infinity level cables, with the Atlantic Eartha 1.5m 'hooks' (spades) both sets came in with single ends. one set was intended for the Studers and the Silver Tellus, and the other for the negative speaker terminals and the Poseidon/Atlantic Minimus. it had been suggested by Jazzhead, and also by PO himself to me, that the single end with the Infinity level Atlantic Eartha hook, was as good as the dual end. my perspective was that in the case of the Poseidon/Atlantic Minimus combo, that the dual ends had additional sonic benefits as one could connect to both boxes at the same time (in addition to the short umbilical from the Atlantic Minimus to the Poseidon). on the previous level, Jazzhead had encouraged me to split those dual ends and it had yielded benefits.

so I requested a replacement version from PO switching one set to the dual ends, and today they arrived. earlier tonight I did install them, and it was a quite small but clear step up in body, weight, and a bit greater sense of presence in vocals and center imaging. things 'pop' just that little bit more.

we will see if tomorrow I still get this same feeling. and hard to say this effect would be similar in other systems; I have found that anything I seem to do around my dart mono block amps or bass tower amps on both the Tripoint Troy Sig and the Entreq Poseidon and Atlantic Minimus yield gains....it's such a powerful transparent environment. so cannot say this would be a general rec to do. could be.

thank you PO for accommodating my request, I truly appreciate it. if I continue to hear this step up it is then a valuable data point for a particular case for the dual end.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
"my perspective was that in the case of the Poseidon/Atlantic Minimus combo, that the dual ends had additional sonic benefits as one could connect to both boxes at the same time "

Hi Mike , not sure I understand what you mean , when you say the " dual ends connect to both boxes at the same time "? In the case of the Poseidon /Atlantis M , it would be the dual ends plus the umbilical spade on a single isolated post .

I do follow on the data point , that it is not an open and shut case for a single headed Infinity Atlantis over the dual ended version . Thanks for the feedback .

Maragoo

Nov 3, 2017
I‘ve read many pages here about Entreq and was able to test their Konstantin speakers cable grounded with Apollo/Silver Minimus on my Vitus SIA-025/Tidal Piano Cera. What an upgrade compaired to High Fidelity Cables CT-1 - so it was an easy decision to place immediately an order for the new Infinity Konstantin speakers cable. It will still take a week or two till the new cable will arrive.

In the meantime Cab anybody explain me, when cleaning dirty power what‘s the difference between Silver Cleanus plugging into the powerblock or using Silver Minimus/Eartha Schuko plugging into it?

Hopefully soon I will be able to get an Olympus Ten to ground my speakers cable or going straight for two and get first the negative speakers terminal grounded - a Poseidon is out of reach financially atm

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing