London Decca Reference to Return

Bergm@nn

Aug 14, 2021
I would love to get in line with Darius for a DaVa Reference + power supply. Unfortunately, I cannot find any contact information. One person gave me a contact already, but I have lost it. So, here it is again: I need the contact info for Darius for a DaVa Reference order, please. BTW: I am going to Japan in two weeks and will probably come back with a ViV Rigid Float tonearm. There is a following for this highly iconoclastic arm describing it with similar enthusiasm like the folks on this thread for the DaVa. I wonder if the two will make for a match made in heaven.
I have the 7" Viv Labs and can confirm it is something quite different that produces very intriguing results that may make you scratch your head.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I would love to get in line with Darius for a DaVa Reference + power supply. Unfortunately, I cannot find any contact information. One person gave me a contact already, but I have lost it. So, here it is again: I need the contact info for Darius for a DaVa Reference order, please. BTW: I am going to Japan in two weeks and will probably come back with a ViV Rigid Float tonearm. There is a following for this highly iconoclastic arm describing it with similar enthusiasm like the folks on this thread for the DaVa. I wonder if the two will make for a match made in heaven.
I used ViV with DaVa, it was great.

Darius is at service@cartridgeretip.com

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
I have good news today from londondecca.com, from whence Stewart has written:

I have recently put the Reference back into play, and it still feels like putting on an old favourite pair of shoes: it feels right. It doesn't have the warmth and richness of the LP-S, which I still enjoy, but it is plainly more honest about what is on the record, and still makes me tap my toes in response to transients like nothing else. I have never had any grounding issues with it, nor any mistracking. I used it for years on an SME Series V with the damping trough, but right now it is working just as well on a Series IV with no damping. I hope others have the chance to experience this cartridge again, as it is a bloody marvel!
Reading your post made me want to reassemble mine. That's right. I actually dismantled the Benz LPS. It's a real pleasure to listen to her after almost a year. 2B430B2A-59C2-4D1A-9A59-9085670BA8AE.jpeg

Reactions: Dogberry

manisandher

Feb 7, 2011
www.the2ndtier.com
I have good news today from londondecca.com, from whence Stewart has written:

Yes we will manufacture the current Reference as well as a new version as well. hoping it will be ready in August.

This is great news. I'd buy one in a heartbeat (assuming a not-massive increase in price).

I asked Expert Stylus to take a quick look at my Reference (as I was sending a couple of other cartridges to them for servicing anyhow). They say that the diamond has very little wear.

I'm really looking forward to receiving it back and trying it on my new Korf arm, with headshell, wand and bearings all ceramic. I have a feeling it's going to be something special.

Mani.

Reactions: Dogberry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing