Crystal Disc US$1600 was played with Genesis Speaker

Just got the discs, DSD files and LP from Andy today. I've asked Mike which weekend would be the best and I think it should be the 28th. That will give folks enough time to clear their schedules and me enough time to do some preliminary tests.

How about the weekend before that? 28th Sep is the SOKA Jazz Festival in SoCal, and I've already promised the organizer that I'll be there.

How about the weekend before that? 28th Sep is the SOKA Jazz Festival in SoCal, and I've already promised the organizer that I'll be there.

The weekend of the 21st is good too. Mike said we can do either one.

Well this Saturday is the big day! I have 3 discs, DSD files and an LP to compare to.

I've done a preliminary analysis and have burned a couple of CD's from the ripped data. One from the Crystal disc and one from the DSD files.

Should be a great time!!

Well this Saturday is the big day! I have 3 discs, DSD files and an LP to compare to.

I've done a preliminary analysis and have burned a couple of CD's from the ripped data. One from the Crystal disc and one from the DSD files.

Should be a great time!!

Hi Bruce, what time are we getting together?

Hope to be there. Will have to duck out early...going to hear Aaron Neville at The Triple Door!!

Should be a great time!!

I wish i would be there and have fun with you guys!

And please be noted that all versions come from same source (the DSD) without any further mastering work!

Please enjoy!

Looking forward to the listening report!

I picked up the dsd files of 'River of Sorrow' from Bruce last night, and installed them on my server today. right now i'm listening to them.

ready for tomorrow. Bruce will bring the glass CD and the Lp.

Mike --

If want any set up help for the room, let me know. I'll be around tomorrow...

hi ,

All of you enjoy the listening tomorrow.

Right here in Hong Kong, we are facing for the invasion of the Super-powerful typhoon which will be directly hitting us from tomorrow!

Andy

Hopes for the best and be safe! Have been reading about it and it looks like a dangerous storm!

hi ,

All of you enjoy the listening tomorrow.

Right here in Hong Kong, we are facing for the invasion of the Super-powerful typhoon which will be directly hitting us from tomorrow!

Andy

Stay safe, Andy. All my HK friends be in my thoughts.

Be safe Andy, we're getting battered by its tail end now.

Just looking at these files, there is major clipping during the recording.

Crystal.jpgCrystal2.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing