Contributors' systems - why so little info?

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I believe we are all brothers. Location does not matter. Only being comrades does.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Thats why some of us are now including our systems in our signature. I wish more would do it. Opinions without reference to what you are listening to don't serve much of a purpose to me.
If there is already a spot available in the profile adding to the Sig seems like a redundant waste, IMHO, of course. Especially as gear and rooms grow and post are short. I've always looked at profiles to get a glimpse of gear. If its listed fine, if not, c'est la vie! The ergs used are small.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guys, I'm the one who originated this thread. And, tbh, I expected at best the moderator to tell me to mind my own business LOL!!! But, I'm so glad you've all taken time to contribute. Actually, I wasn't pitching for photos, more just a list of kit in the "about me" section. Any other info eg location, interests, would be interesting but not too essential. Photos nice, but just an extra.
Just a couple of things, there should be NO judgement based on cost of system, or where the contributor is based/English used.
I have real curiosity to the evolution of systems, and seeing certain combinations might get me to think about my path differently from time to time.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
There you go, a sig with main system. Doesn't look too awkward. Took me forever to figure out how to add a sig.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I need the space for the industry participation requirements so my system will just have to stay in my gallery thread and my about me section

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I added my gear to my signature. Don't be taken aback by the sheer awesomeness of it! :)

BTW: I really would love to see a LOCATION being mandatory, even if only by COUNTRY.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I added my gear to my signature. Don't be taken aback by the sheer awesomeness of it! :)

BTW: I really would love to see a LOCATION being mandatory, even if only by COUNTRY.

No offense, John, but I think that PS Audio pre is really holding you back...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
No offense, John, but I think that PS Audio pre is really holding you back...

I know it is, but hopefully that'll be corrected this year. It has served me well for now.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I have them over 25 years. There old man. As is the others.
If I had a GENISIS 1.2 or Wilson or magico yes. The amps are krell also 25 + years old
So to me it's vintage.

Al

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I have them over 25 years. There old man. As is the others.
If I had a GENISIS 1.2 or Wilson or magico yes. The amps are krell also 25 + years old
So to me it's vintage.

Al
You should try to discuss with Gary Koh about restoring whatever might need restoring on them. And I think another member here (and elsewhere), "Gary Protein" is very happy with his IRS IV's in a big system.

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
How do those MBL's image in that placement?

MBLs image in the water closet :) BTW, they are "at rest" back there waiting the Sonja's to get out of town.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I understand your point and Gary does have a pair he even has a active cross over for them

I am happy with them. But the point is do have pics and post my rigs. I just do not
But I will. The IRS by is in NC my other home
So when I go there I'll do something
I guess.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
MBLs image in the water closet :) BTW, they are "at rest" back there waiting the Sonja's to get out of town.
I somehow doubted that was their usual "listening" position :D

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
Is that an Ekornes Stressless sofa? How do you like it?

It is.

It's the most comfortable, and to my taste best looking sofa/chair available. I have another one in listening studio #2 :)

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
It is.

It's the most comfortable, and to my taste best looking sofa/chair available. I have another one in listening studio #2 :)
I really like them alot. I may buy one some day. I was over at rsorren's place last weekend and he had a really nice one as well. I couldn't believe it when he told me it was 5 years old. It looked like it was brand new.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Frank,
You are right, but I fear that some of our signatures would be too long, and changing too often ... ;) Anyway I will try to summarize soon.

Look forward to it...you've got quite a SOTA system, and yes it has changed quite a bit.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
The good people here have not judged me even once.
H/W has always been in profile. There have been a few bow shots taken in response to post. Not recent, but I cannot say never.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing