coming Soon...

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The model name is more likely to be S7. ;)

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Very, very interesting. This might be the speaker I was dreaming of when I had the S5.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Not likely, it's not the speaker I dream about any more. :)

That put a smile on my face and a quick chuckle. I'm sure the S7 will sound great and that there are some new technologies introduced that are not in the other S speakers, but the M Project has that unbelievable tweeter and presumably better crossovers and internal parts. And that M Project curved front baffle with the hidden fasteners is simply gorgeous in combination with the curved side panels.

It is very interesting that Magico keeps developing the two distinct Q and S lines of speakers at a pretty fast pace. They certainly don't sit still.

What is the speculation about the S7 price? $50-60K?

number95

May 14, 2014

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Not likely if you examine front baffles of any Q vs S series speakers.

I agree. This is not a Q series. The front baffle is flat and the driver fasteners are exposed, just like the rest of the S series. The sides look curved as well and one can just see the outrigger feet which appear on the S1 and S3. Most likely, this is the S7.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Nice!

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
The final word is in. They are the new S7. I wonder what the price will be?

Ken

Boggy

Jan 16, 2013
Info from the Grapevine:

Sensitivity: 89dB
Impedance: 4-Ohms
Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 50 KHz
Recommended Power: 50-1000 Watts
Dimensions: 56” (142cm) H x 20” (48cm) D x 25” (63cm) W
Weight: 300 lbs.
SRP: MCast $58K; MCoat $64K

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
The S7 is a full range, 3-way design, floor standing loudspeaker that incorporates new tweeter, midrange and bass driver designs which are derived from the engineering triumphs in the MProject loudspeaker.

Towering over other S-Series models, the acoustic suspension enclosure of the S7 features curved aluminum side panels that are machined in-house from half-inch thick aluminum extrusions which are sixteen-inches in diameter. Internal bracing is carefully positioned throughout the enclosure to minimize resonances and create an ideal operating environment.

The S7 houses three new 10-inch bass drivers that have extremely powerful magnets and ultrastiff aluminum cones which are capable of producing deep powerful bass frequencies with speed and accuracy. The excursion rate of the voice coil is measured at 15-mm linear movement and produces clean and undistorted sound pressure levels up to 120dB @ 50Hz / 1-meter.

The midrange driver (6-inch) in the S7 brings a new benchmark of measured performance to Magico. The cone material is formulated using Arkema Multi-Wall carbon nanotube and XG Sciences C-750 Nanographene which combined is 20% lighter and 300% stiffer than previous cone material designs. The underhung neodymium base motor system uses two extra-large magnets which provide an ultra-stabilized magnetic field for the pure titanium voice coil to operate within. The driver operates in a purpose built sub-enclosure made of a proprietary polymer material that was first introduced in the S3.

The S7 incorporates a new (1-inch) tweeter that features a diamond-coated beryllium diaphragm with optimized geometry, created using state-of-the-art Finite Element analysis modeling tools. This purpose built tweeter has extra-long excursion movement and uses a neodymium based motor system that is customized to match the sensitivity and power handling capabilities of the S7 while maintaining ultra-wide dispersion characteristics and ultra-low
distortion measurements.

All five drivers in the S7 are acoustically integrated using Magico’s exclusive Elliptical Symmetry Crossover topology that includes state-of-the-art components from Mundorf of Germany.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
So this is basically the Alexia fighter, right?

Also, how does M Gloss stack up to WilsonGloss? Don't see many Magicos with it.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing