Clarus Crimson Cables

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We are still auditioning cables for our system. We had an audition of Clarus Crimson Cables. These are really good. Great synergy with Vitus and Magico. Very thin compared to Shunyata.

IMG_0892.jpeg

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We have an entire loom of Clarus Crimson cables coming next week for a demo. Can’t wait to hear the entire loom.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Would like to hear how they compare to Clear/Clear Beyond.

The Clarus Crimson will be here tomorrow, but I have no experience with the Clear.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
The Clarus Crimson so far are exceptional. A full loom was installed earlier today. They aren’t fully broken in yet, but already above what I imagined they could be. I’ll have to listen further to give a fuller and more complete report.

Last edited:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
As may be imagined the Clarus loom has changed our system‘s sound. They’re still breaking in, but these cables sound exceptionally nice. The music has a beautiful flow to it. A full robust sound. The soundstage is the best we’ve heard to date. They just seem to get out of the way and allow the music to flow. We still need more time with them, but they seem to do everything very well.

Picture below (sorry for the mess). An elegant sound.

IMG_0901.jpeg

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We’ve demoed numerous other cables in our system(s): Albedo, Analysis Plus, Audioquest, Kimber, Nordost, Shunyata, Siltech, Transparent, and Wireworld, etc.

Each of these cables sound great in our system(s). They each have qualities that we enjoy. And they each sound a little different from one another.

If you change audio components you may desire to recheck your cable selection. We recently went from EMM to Vitus. Would another brand of cables make our new Vitus components to sound even better?

Vitus Masterpiece components are very revealing of everything in the audio chain. Of course, this includes the cables. Our main goal with cables are finding some that just get out of the way and allow the music to flow naturally. We’ve found this with Clarus Crimson (and Shunyata) cables.

“Clarus Cables are made from oxygen-free Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting (PCOCC) - the world's purest copper.” There’s just a more natural flow to the music with Clarus.

The length, breadth, width, and height of the soundstage is excellent. There is a great airy separation of the instruments and vocals. There’s a natural 3D effect. Like at a concert you are completely surrounded by the sound.

There is improved clarity resulting in a more open and transparent sound. The speakers simply disappear. The bass through our Magicos seems so very natural. Nothing is exaggerated, but just seems to be as it should be.

The overall sound is rich and organic. It has a natural depth. These cables are able to resolve the finest details in a rich enticing fashion. You quickly get emotionally drawn into the music. Musicality! Clarus Crimson allows the truth of the music to play.

These cables mix well with Vitus and Magico.

Adco

Feb 1, 2021
I have had the Clarus Crimson speaker cables in for about 6 months now . I will be honest they took quite a while to settle in. Likely due to the 26’ length.

they replaced Analysis Plus at the same length , amplification is a set of bespoke Clayton Audio class A mono blocks with crazy amounts of current.

as was previously mentioned once settled these just get out of the way of the flow . The best way I can explain it is they didn’t present a wholesale change in sound but simply gave a much better flow to the tonal quality of the system that already exists.
“If” there was any tangible change in the character of the sound I’d say it was in the soundstage . I found that I had to tweak the speaker position a bit to dial in things but it’s fair to say that was minor .

another adjective might be “effortless” …. Which I suppose is hand in hand to “flow”

Really terrific upgrade in my system

Reactions: Audire

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing