Birdman

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I went to see Birdman yesterday and thought it was an excellent film. Michael Keaton, Ed Norton and Naomi Watts are featured in a great cast.

Very interesting filming technique utilized by director Alejandro Gonzalezby throughout the movie - single camera.

Keaton plays a former super hero movie star trying to stage a comeback on Broadway 20 years after his last hit movie.

Biggest surprise to me was the great acting job done by Zach Galifianakis - after seeing him in the Hangover I was stunned by perfromance in this movie. Never thought he could have pulled that off.

Passed my watch test - never checked the time for the entire movie. :)

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I went to see Birdman yesterday and thought it was an excellent film. Michael Keaton, Ed Norton and Naomi Watts are featured in a great cast.

Very interesting filming technique utilized by director Alejandro Gonzalezby throughout the movie - single camera.

Keaton plays a former super hero movie star trying to stage a comeback on Broadway 20 years after his last hit movie.

Biggest surprise to me was the great acting job done by Zach Galifianakis - after seeing him in the Hangover I was stunned by perfromance in this movie. Never thought he could have pulled that off.

Passed my watch test - never checked the time for the entire movie. :)

Completely agree. Would add that the soundtrack was excellent and really propelled the visuals. Emma Stone is easy on the eyes.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Completely agree. Would add that the soundtrack was excellent and really propelled the visuals. Emma Stone is easy on the eyes.

I agree

I saw this one yesterday and I thought it was superb and will rank high in Oscar nominations.

Michael Keaton without doubt will be nominated and could very well win the award for Best Actor as he was really that good.

The single camera although not novel really drew me in throughout the entire film although the ending was somewhat funky

So far this year I have seen but 6 good films
Chef
Biofilm of Roger Ebert
Gone Girl
Whiplash
Foxcatcher
Birdman

Still several big ones to open this month

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing