Beck "Sea Change"

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Do not feel bad Jonny I had not heard of Sea Changes so I looked it up on youtube.

First thing I thought that guy is way too young to be Jeff Beck.

You need the record. It is in the top echelon of frequency extension, sound quality, music content and overall enjoyment you can play on vinyl . If you don't like rock, I understand.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
That Deep Purple Album with the RPO conducted by Malcolm Arnold sounds interesting to me. Maybe like the great Moody Blues album "Days of Future Past" with the London Festival Orchestra (could have been the London Symphony or London Philharmonic under a pseudonym). Now that's rock music for me!

Larry

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I think his latest album is great and his best since Mutations.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
CD Japan have an SHM-CD of Sea Change for 1714 Yen.
Anybody heard this version?
Other SHMs I've had from them have been very good

Anyone compare SACD to SHM or the 2009 Mofi CD? Which one do people recommend?

qdrone

Dec 16, 2014
I think his latest album is great and his best since Mutations.
l like Mutations too but not as much as Sea Change. I categorize Beck two fold,his laid back recordings (Mutations,Sea Change,Morning Phase)and his harder stuff. My favorite harder recording is Guero and on Vinyl it sounds great.Morning Phase on vinyl delivers,let's face it Beck is an audiophile too,he takes great care when it comes to his recordings.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I found Morning Phase to be the most accessible of his music and the one I listen to the most

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing