Beck "Sea Change"

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I have the MoFi LP reissue. It sounds good. Does anyone have the original 2002 issue and know how it compares to the Mofi ? 1st issue is pricey and I want to make sure it sounds better than the Mofi before I purchase. TIA.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have the original pressing and it sounds excellent.

Universally where I have read the mofi sounds better. The mixes / edit are slightly different/longer than the mofi version.

Or I can swap my original pressing with your mofi :p

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I recently bought the Blue Ray Audio release, ripped it to my file player, and it sounds great.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I've never heard this album.....should I be embarrassed?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
CD Japan have an SHM-CD of Sea Change for 1714 Yen.
Anybody heard this version?
Other SHMs I've had from them have been very good

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I bought the Blue Ray Audio version and ripped it to my file player. Sounds great in high-res.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I never heard of it or Beck until I bought a bunch of used SACD's from a friend, and Sea Change was part of the collection. I have ripped it, so it is easy to play. Probably should listen to it sometime. What kind of music is it?

Larry

I've never heard this album.....should I be embarrassed?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
What I liked most, when it was released in DVDA back then, was that MCH was mixed very well to take advantage of the music. Instead of just going with the fad and butchering the songs, IMHO of course.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
His latest album sounds very similar to Seachange.

Im an Odelay Beck fan :)

+1

For the laid back Beck, I prefer Mutations to Sea Change - seems more from the heart.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing