Bar Brawl

what's more amazing is how WBF is all about safe spaces now.

differing opinions quashed. @rbbert I believe is still suspended for no reason
True that. Often, threads gravitate towards becoming ego gratification pursuits. As long as everyone is pouring adulation, it’s fine. The moment comments meander into negative or differing opinion territory, the defense mechanism kicks in, naturally.........and then 1000 posts later........the thread hasn’t progressed anywhere close to being meaningful, except being thoroughly entertaining

Kedar, what is the point of this thread? This is not Facebook. Facebook has a million groups in which you can "brawl."

And if it's "anything else" why is this thread in the General Audio Forum?

Kedar, what is the point of this thread? This is not Facebook. Facebook has a million groups in which you can "brawl."

And if it's "anything else" why is this thread in the General Audio Forum?
Please move to relevant miscellaneous forum I don't know how

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
unnatural sound member, checking in

I am happy to report experiencing zero fatigue listening to my glorious unnatural, unbalanced sound. I suppose you experience the same with your system.

I am happy to report experiencing zero fatigue listening to my glorious unnatural, unbalanced sound. I suppose you experience the same with your system.
I will tonight, but it is so hot in CA I will have to run the AC to enjoy the music once I turn on the amps. Fortunately, I had solar installed a few years ago after I bought these Pass space heaters.

Can I just sit it and out and have that drink?
As long as you do that while you are listening to your Zu based system, I think you might be Ok :p :D

Reactions: Bobvin
I have a similar sounding system.. One that keeps my foot tapping and my butt in the listening seat. I believe that keeping my system minimalistic has helped achieve the sound I prefer. Is it natural sounding or is it just Hifi… I’ll let the listener be the judge.. I just know it draws me into the music every time And keeps me coming back for more..
Writing this, I’m trying to remember the Goal of what I was looking for when I was starting out many years ago.. I was more into the abilities of my system to play deep loud bass ! I listened to my system more than the music.. Making sure I had the ability to play loud and clear with lots of BASS.. lol.
Fast forward 12 different iterations later, throw age And retirement into the mix and I’ve matured past much of the glitter and shiny bits that used to attract me to magical components. I guess I have balanced sound now.. I can sit and listen to music for hours on end.. I don’t think unnatural sound would keep me glued to my seat..

I will tonight, but it is so hot in CA I will have to run the AC to enjoy the music once I turn on the amps. Fortunately, I had solar installed a few years ago after I bought these Pass space heaters.
But you ARE aware, that this one sentence of yours fits into at least 3, rather 4 suitable threads already existing on WBF, so your posting in THIS exact thread is utterly off topic :D :p ;)

Reactions: the sound of Tao
But you ARE aware, that this one sentence of yours fits into at least 3, rather 4 suitable threads already existing on WBF, so your posting in THIS exact thread is utterly off topic
Beware of the Bonzo !

• Haha
Reactions: morricab
As long as you do that while you are listening to your Zu based system, I think you might be Ok :p :D
If I had a drink for every anti Zu comment passed my way, I'd be...dead of alcoholic poisoning.

If I had a drink for every anti Zu comment, I'd be...dead of alcoholic poisoning.
Similar would happen for every drink you had when you had your several epiphanies ;)
Ok I admit you were dead maybe 2 or 3 years later :D
SCNR

If I had a drink for every anti Zu comment passed my way, I'd be...dead of alcoholic poisoning.
Fynally something is happening.....

(i know.....off topic) ;)

I just realized that you already made a six-feet-under comment and then your dead of alcoholism remark makes the later posting ON toppic and that is not appreciated in this thread (If I understood that correctly :oops:)

Dead, deader, deadest...take your pick.

• Haha
Reactions: Bobvin
Are we here to annoy the right people or the wrong people?
Preferably both.

Breaking news: in 8 days it'll 194 years & three months since Ludwig's (LvB) death. Thought you might like to know ;)

Reactions: zerostargeneral
All,

This is an anything goes thread, to keep other threads on topic. If other threads go off topic the mods can move the posts here if they choose, and everyone can hang out here.

However, as OP, I might object if you go off topic here which means you post something that is relevant to another thread.

KED

Is this your natural topic thread? ;)

Reactions: Al M.
KED

Is this your natural topic thread? ;)

But that will make what you do unnatural, unless you are involved in this bar brawl down under

Breaking news: in 8 days it'll 194 years & three months since Ludwig's (LvB) death
And he is missing all this.....

Reactions: Gregm

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing