Bakoon current amplifier update

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Dear All

I thought I would post an update on the current mode satri 100 watt monos driving my CLXs

I would like to thank Ron Saunders who corresponded with me off line and helped tremendously and very generously with his time

OK

So I seem to have entered a new era of my sonic reproduction

My recent purchase experience and installation of a new grand piano seems to have retuned my ears to the effects of the room to the sound

I know this is often mentioned in forums

But how many of us take this very seriously

Anyway after thinking about this and my correspondence with Ron, I entered into experiments of materials to add to the frontal wall behind the CLX

This proved incredible illuminating

And after much experimentation, an amazing improvement in sound

What are the results

1. Deep clear bass without boom
2. High frequencies without being piercing
3. Warm midbass, whilst keeping midrange clarity
4. superb wide and deep soundstage, with low inter instrumental noise
5. Accurate timbral definition between instruments of similar tonal character
6. Greater clarity in micro details and musical "flourish"

7. Something I have never heard from SS before but only tubes, instrumental sweetness

All this at a cost of about 200 dollars in materials

I have been amazed and delighted

My wife who is a musician, and has no interest in audio other than to listen to music, declared it a "significant" improvement on previously

I just wanted to share this

Oh and when I ran a frequency sweep it was much more linear

regards

Andrew

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Correct

They also make a great DAC
AND amazing phono

There headamp is well known :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing