Axpona 22’ pictures

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi Elliot, with all due respect, didnt you say you would not listen to a "McDonalds" drive through guy consult for HiFi when speaking of me ? This is what drew me in to the convo. I felt AXPONA was absolutely the same old crap different day.. so what ? Its my opinion. and I stand by it. look above .."Ignorance on how the business really works" ?? LOL its very clear you have no idea of my tenure in the industry starting with Exhibiting at CES every year. So your comments are offensive, untrue and Im here to stand for myself. What you say about denigrating is EXACTLY what you are doing to me. You started with the McDonalds insult. You insult me more above. I call your WADAX bluff. Im willing to put my neck out there for a shootout with a $24K DAC. I could have the literal pants embarrassed off me and Im willing to do this for my viewers. They scoff at a $160K DAC, and I personally seek to understand it . The thought of such a thing is very exciting. Lets figure out where it is . Im an honest guy and if its FAR better Ill admit it, even if its a little better Ill admit what I can hear. .. .. This forum is an open forum for people to speak in civil manner which I have done the whole time. You my friend are hurling insults.... Lets be real... Im simply standing up for myself.
You first are not my friend. I have never met you however you started this Mike. Only you have your mouth to blame.
You want to throw insults and back peddle. I think you are going to pull a hamstring with what you are doing. I really don't care whether you like the DAC or any product and to be brutally honest I have no interest in shooting out or anything else that requires me working for you for nothing. I don't need to prove myself to you. Make you videos, put your neck out there are enjoy your life. The older I get the more I follow my own rules and number one is stay away from people that I don't care for.
BTW I am sorry that I insulted McDonalds!

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
You first are not my friend. I have never met you however you started this Mike. Only you have your mouth to blame.
You want to throw insults and back peddle. I think you are going to pull a hamstring with what you are doing. I really don't care whether you like the DAC or any product and to be brutally honest I have no interest in shooting out or anything else that requires me working for you for nothing. I don't need to prove myself to you. Make you videos, put your neck out there are enjoy your life. The older I get the more I follow my own rules and number one is stay away from people that I don't care for.
BTW I am sorry that I insulted McDonalds!
;-) LOL. This is Epic... Thanks !

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Okay, gentlemen. Please allow me to remind you that recent posts are against the TOS -

6. Please do not attempt to moderate the forum on your own. If you see objectionable posts, please report them. We will deal with them. Above all, focus on the topic being discussed, rather than the person discussing it.

If you have any issues with another member, simply place them on ignore. Moving forward, one more post that attacks, puts down, demeans or belittles another member of this forum in this thread will result in an involuntary 3 day vacation. Please consider this a formal warning.

Tom

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
All of this make up smooching is making me verklempt. It must be a soapy episode of 'Days Of Our Audiophile Lives".

I have followed OCD Mikey out of interest mainly because of a sort of parallel evolution: System De Moi: basic panel with Analysis Epsilon and customization with the 75 inch Wisdom Audio/BG midrange, foil tweeters and subwoofs mediated through a four way active crossover (Accuphase). Mikey also uses transmitting triodes, but on a scale a bit larger than my endeavors all around. He also reviews interesting equipment, as do our other esteemed contributors here. I would love to hear an Alsyvox setup some day. One of our members heard the Alsyvox setup (Caravaggio??) in Holland at Emile Bok's recently and said it was the best experience he's heard to date.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCAudiophile

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I think jays vids are quit okay .
I dont know what the business model is , but at least he s invested and had a lot of gear in his room
I assume the gryphon is happy with him

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I just booked a room at the Pacific Audiofest. Look for the “Rhapsody-out-West” room.

I will bring Alsyvox Botticelli “X”, Pilium Alexander pre-amp, Achilles power amp, probably Esoteric Digital (unless I’m able to get a new Pilium Venus DAC by then).

So those folks here on the left side of the continent wanting hear Alsyvox and Pilium… see you there. All the cool people are going :cool:

I (Bob.west) and Rhapsody Bob (Bob.east) will be hosting… two Bob’s = twice the fun!

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I just booked a room at the Pacific Audiofest. Look for the “Rhapsody-out-West” room.

I will bring Alsyvox Botticelli “X”, Pilium Alexander pre-amp, Achilles power amp, probably Esoteric Digital (unless I’m able to get a new Pilium Venus DAC by then).

So those folks here on the left side of the continent wanting hear Alsyvox and Pilium… see you there. All the cool people are going :cool:

I (Bob.west) and Rhapsody Bob (Bob.east) will be hosting… two Bob’s = twice the fun!
Bending Wave will be there as well making the trip via covered wagon, leaving tomorrow. US Premier of the new Halcro gear should happen there.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Bending Wave will be there as well making the trip via covered wagon, leaving tomorrow. US Premier of the new Halcro gear should happen there.
Hey Elliot, pay a visit here in Oregon City, the "end of the Oregon Trail". We have covered wagon parking out front!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hey Elliot, pay a visit here in Oregon City, the "end of the Oregon Trail". We have covered wagon parking out front!
I've hired Sam Elliott to lead us.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
1652203565762.png

Reactions: Alrainbow

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
He is not great at system set up but I'm told he will shoot all and any negative reviewer comments.

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Caesar is on fire, some guy I don't know challenges me and we have a Mark Levinson sighting. Well maybe not a sighting since I don't think anyone else will fund his projects again.
I suggest that that guy along with Caesar organize a Hell in the cell, over the top rope death match at WrestleMania, That I would pay for!
That they could stream live on YouTube.
I can get Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle to MC and Will Smith with challenge the winner! LMAO
By the way Elliot, I actually spoke with Mark a few days ago and it appears Lamborghini has funded a Daniel Hertz rig for the latest Huracan.... so I guess Im hearing your 49 years of experience talking ? Look for him on my channel again soon. LOL.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Congratulations to Mark if this is the case. However Mike, it has nothing to do with you. I know Mark and like Mark but if you want to go down this path my over 50 years has seen the entire Mark Levinson story. Shall we go there?
Let's summarize:
started the Mark Levinson company- failed went bankrupt and got purchased out of receivership by Sandy Berlin ( ex of Harman) Mike Kay ( my boss at Lyric Hi fi) Dr. Doug Stein ( my friend and client) I He was kept on for his name but then that didn't work out . Do the research and find out
Started Cello Music and film- went bust
Started Red Rose Music- gone
Started Daniel Hertz-- not sure of what that is and I hope he succeeds.
Now back to the regular scheduled program which has nothing to do with him or this.

I hope his run with the VW owned company goes well and that he succeeds. Anyone that does that is good for the audio Industry. Those who just want to throw stones and pound their chest IMO not so much. Funny however since Bang and Olufsen make the Lamborghini car stereo's now
Things that make you go hmm?

Last edited:
Reactions: SCAudiophile

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Congratulations to Mark if this is the case. However Mike, it has nothing to do with you. I know Mark and like Mark but if you want to go down this path my over 50 years has seen the entire Mark Levinson story. Shall we go there?
Let's summarize:
started the Mark Levinson company- failed went bankrupt and got purchased out of receivership by Sandy Berlin ( ex of Harman) Mike Kay ( my boss at Lyric Hi fi) Dr. Doug Stein ( my friend and client) I He was kept on for his name but then that didn't work out . Do the research and find out
Started Cello Music and film- went bust
Started Red Rose Music- gone
Started Daniel Hertz-- not sure of what that is and I hope he succeeds.
Now back to the regular scheduled program which has nothing to do with him or this.

I hope his run with the VW owned company goes well and that he succeeds. Anyone that does that is good for the audio Industry. Those who just want to throw stones and pound their chest IMO not so much.
Elliot, I dont have it in me to torch you here. Id say, how about you settle down for all of us ? You just listed 4 extremely successful companies, so by your account Mark is a Rock Star. Last I visited him, I was aboard his Yacht in Venice, Italy. You brought his name up in this thread to slight him. This "McDonalds employee" (me) corrected you, for the record. Throw stones and pound chest seems to be your alma mater. Im trying to determine the integrity of WADAX, the most expensive DAC at AXPONA 2022. So far the representation of the brand is flatlining. (Not the brand per se)

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
with Red Rose he partnered with two of my local Seattle friends who had a company, Audio Prism, that was absorbed into Red Rose. he now claims credit for the 'Red Rose--badged' Audio Prism amp which he did not design (Victor Tiscareno designed it). pretty nice amp. the idea was using the 'Mark Levinson' name to go big time. he was a clown act at every turn with Red Rose and my friends got screwed. one went to work for me for awhile afterward. even his (now ex) wife of the time, Kim Cattrall, thought he was a j*rk.

just a couple of the bodies in his wake. heard stories years ago from John Curl about him too.......

yes, he is famous for being hifi famous. the Kim Kardashian of hifi. maybe there will be a Netflix movie about him.
Hi Mike, Yes, I know Vic and Byron from long ago. Both great guys. "Being a jerk" seems to run in HiFi and I stand against it. I only know Mark as a gentle, funny and entertaining man. Mark hired me on his team for the LG Electronics High End project so perhaps I became friends with him after his tirade. Im sure Steve Jobs / Apple took credit for Victors work as well. Its the plight of the design engineer and I love these guys. I recently featured the 30 year designer for Krell in one of my vids from AXPONA 2022... Is he ever mentioned ?? Not likely.. These are the guys that make it happen. I applaud them. Most high level CEO's are complete tyrants. Ever heard of Noel Lee ? (Rhetorical) How about Andy Singer ? Ever meet the owner of BOULDER ? Yes, some gems alright..
Kim Kardashian is fabulously wealthy. Id say she sets the bar for famous for nothing.. Mark on the other hand has left legacy brands in his wake. I doubt anything will ever reach the level Cello did. Mark is very complementary to Tom, God rest his soul. Mark also mastered/archived a very special project for the La Fenice Opera House in Venice Italy.

http://legendlf.com/mk_studio_venice.html

So hate, if you must. I simply know the man in a different light.. But yes, I hear he was a tyrant at one point.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Hi Mike, Yes, I know Vic and Byron from long ago. Both great guys. "Being a jerk" seems to run in HiFi and I stand against it. I only know Mark as a gentle, funny and entertaining man. Mark hired me on his team for the LG Electronics High End project so perhaps I became friends with him after his tirade. Im sure Steve Jobs / Apple took credit for Victors work as well. Its the plight of the design engineer and I love these guys. I recently featured the 30 year designer for Krell in one of my vids from AXPONA 2022... Is he ever mentioned ?? Not likely.. These are the guys that make it happen. I applaud them. Most high level CEO's are complete tyrants. Ever heard of Noel Lee ? (Rhetorical) How about Andy Singer ? Ever meet the owner of BOULDER ? Yes, some gems alright..
Kim Kardashian is fabulously wealthy. Id say she sets the bar for famous for nothing.. Mark on the other hand has left legacy brands in his wake. I doubt anything will ever reach the level Cello did. Mark is very complementary to Tom, God rest his soul. Mark also mastered/archived a very special project for the La Fenice Opera House in Venice Italy.

http://legendlf.com/mk_studio_venice.html

So hate, if you must. I simply know the man in a different light.. But yes, I hear he was a tyrant at one point.
A very cool tribute ML
cool link. my Ml stuff is after he left I think but chello is a name very well regarded
I have a good story from owner of boulder if we meet to talk.
he sat all three days outside the DS audio room
I chatted for an hour with him. he said he had focals in his factory to use as a ref
i wish I could share here lol.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Im trying to determine the integrity of WADAX, the most expensive DAC at AXPONA 2022. So far the representation of the brand is flatlining. (Not the brand per se)
Do you really feel that you are entitled to have these companies to come to you and your buddy for validation and approval?
Why don't you just buy a Wadax? DarTZeel? and all the others that you don't approve of? I sincerely don't understand why someone owes you anything.. I really want to know with all due respect Mike. Please explain it to us.

Reactions: howiebrou

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing