Are non-audiophiles permitted here?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Exactly! In another forum, audiophiles are discussing the sound of silver SATA cables. What’s next, the sound of different brands of SDRAM?

My love is music, not sound. The sound produced by the music synthesizers I wrote was not audiophile quality, but it allowed users to connect with the music they loved. The notation I devised allowed people, who could not read music or play an instrument, to transcribe their favorite music and hear it played by their computer. I have 2,270 music files that were created for that system, including hundreds of original compositions. The sound quality is crap but the music is priceless.

Says it all right there! :b

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Stip!

Here's a 'stip' (tip).

1. Go to the bathroom.
2. Brush your teeth.
3. Put water in your eyes, spread it inside & around, then dry the excess with a towel.
4. Use one of those tools (Q-Tip or small metal cocaine shovel) to clean your ears (the inside wax).
--{You can also use a syringe and inject hot water to cleanse the unreachable orifice's depth.}
5. Put a record (vinyl) on your turntable, or a CD (or SACD) in your CD/SACD player,
-- or a tape in your open reel-to-reel tape deck...
6. Try to chose some solo Cello by Bach, or solo Piano by Mozart, Chopin, or a classical symphonia
-- for full orchestra by Tchaikovsky, or Mahler, Beethoven, ... or an opera with tenor male singers,
-- or soprano female singers, or choral music with Organ ...
7. And try to pick this Music played by some great artists, classical musicians & singers.
8. And from great mastering recordings by some of the best world's sound recording/engineers.
9. Then just relax & listen.

:b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing