Any one using Acoustic Revive devices or Acoustic System Resonators?

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
My experience has been that the inexpensive Puritan Audio Groundmaster City devices are more effective at lowering the noise floor than the Acoustic Revive RGC-24. I am using one for chassis grounding and one for signal grounding. Good way to experiment with "grounding" boxes without spending a lot. My intention was to try them as a first "flirtation" with grounding boxes and then move up to one of the more expensive ones. Still using them.
Thanks Cellcbern. Puritan devices are also on my shortlist to try.
Up to now I'm using with success Acoustic Revive RPT absolute for my front gears (power strip without any electronic filtering components) which has really lower the noise floor without any loss of dynamic or speed and helping revealing numerous low-level details.

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
There are a lot of electronics from a lot of different companies designed by smart engineers - smart engineering arguably being a prerequisite for top tier performance. A few use a floating ground - most don't including many top tier Japanese brands, e.g., Airtight, Combak Reimyo, Kondo, Spec, Wavac, and Zanden, not to mention CH Precision, Dartzeel, JMF, Riviera, Robert Koda, etc. Haven't seen evidence of this being anything but a design choice with trade-offs like other design choices - certainly no evidence that it is a superior choice nor any body of opinion that TAD electronics are superior to high end competitors' gear.
Yes agree that this more a design choice but motivations can be different. On some components like the Aries Cerat Preamp that I use from time to time there is a ground lift switch on the rear and you can choose earth connected, or earth lifted. This is very useful.

Reactions: Argonaut

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I am not sure because I have read about it in past but if im not mistaken these amplifiers have ground switch back of amplifier:
ASR Emitter
FM Acoustics
CH Precision

if you want to know about ground loops the FM Acoustics has a good article :
FM Acoustics Technical Bulletin No.5 Grounding Rules

Reactions: Stef

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Kedar
I know you listened to many audio systems but this is not enough for having right/trusted ideas. in my opinion your conclusions/judgments are not valid/right. If you want to know why you can read my "Audio Critique" topic.
I have read your website and there is no difference between stereophile/TAS vs your website.

I trust Romy the Cat, Jim Smith, David, Kevin, ...

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Kedar
I know you listened to many audio systems but this is not enough for having right/trusted ideas. in my opinion your conclusions/judgments are not valid/right. If you want to know why you can read my "Audio Critique" topic.
I have read your website and there is no difference between stereophile/TAS vs your website.

I trust Romy the Cat, Jim Smith, David, Kevin, ...

I find Bonzo’s travel log interesting because it exposes us to gear not found in the mainstream and there is no advertising. I have bought a few of his LP recommendations and they are excellent.

I have met Romy, Jim, and David and learned much from them.

Reactions: Amir

Chops

Apr 27, 2016
Central Florida
Great band, great music...

Adds flavor, but attracts ants...

A joke and an insult to the audio industry...

• Sad
Reactions: Scott Naylor

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
The Acoustic Revive devices you mentioned may improve the sound but will not "make the walls disappear". The Acoustic System Resonators properly deployed can make the walls disappear like nothing else I've encountered. "Properly deployed" is key. In my experience it takes extensive experimentation with placement to achieve what you are seeking, and small differences in placement can make a big difference in the outcome. If Frank Tchang or one of his disciples is placing them for you good results can come quickly. On your own it may take many hours of tweaking.

FYI: http://www.audiodrom.net/en/special-edition-reviews/158-asi-resonators-angel-bowls

FYI: http://www.audiodrom.net/en/special-edition-reviews/148-asi-sugar-cubes-devils-dice
Here’s my take on the Schumann frequency 7.83 Hz. I have just come off a long experiment using one of the Isochronic Schumann tones available on YouTube, an acoustic version of the frequency, as opposed to most other generators which produce an electromagnet wave 7.83 Hz., e.g., Acoustic Revive RR-77, RR-777, etc.

After all was said and done I got superb results playing the acoustic 7.83 Hz tone streamed from YouTube for 20 minutes prior to a listening session, I also keep the Schumann signal playing from my iPad placed 3 feet from me while listening.

What this does for the sound is very remarkable. Through headphones the soundstage is very deep and wide, way outside the confines of my headphones, as if I was listening to electrostatic speakers placed six feet in front of me. on certain material like some Dead Can Dance CDs and live recording soundstage can be as deep a ten or twenty feet or more. On headphones. There is much better bass performance, better tonality, dynamics, *realism* and air. I got to this point by isolating the iPad at all times including initial warm up using a spring based isolator circa 2 Hz.

What I think is happening is the Schumann frequency - whether it’s EM or acoustic - synchronizes the neurons in the brain and synchronizes the right and left hemispheres of the brain. The reason these generators work is probably because the real Schumann frequency, the one that is located in the trough between the Earth Surface and upper atmosphere has been reduced in strength by modern industry and technology, etc. since early man had evolved using Schumann frequency for better brain function, e.g., navigation, sensory perception, information processing, focus, these function were reduced. Now they can be restored using these generators. The signal strength of the real Schumann frequency is now on the order of microvolts, maybe a few hundred, I’m guessing it was considerably higher at some point in the 1800s.

Reactions: Tuckers and cuntigh

Tabl10s

Jul 30, 2019
Sacramento
No experience with these but I know some folks that use the Stein Harmonizers. Up to 6 in a room, they definitely have a impact- it is not debatable- and have a very interesting effect on the entire perspective. They are used with corresponding resonating crystals strategically positioned.

They can be overwhelming as they can be adjusted as to their contribution. Worth seeking out to understand if it is what you are looking for.

Romy the Cat
David
Roy Gregory
Romy the Cat? Haven't heard of seen anything from him in years(thank, goodness. Ugh).

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
kcin wrote, “They are used with corresponding resonating crystals strategically positioned.”

I‘m hip to resonating crystals strategically positioned . :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing