Any one using Acoustic Revive devices or Acoustic System Resonators?

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Same here when I was auditioning at AE --Chris unplugged the Tripoint from the wall during playback and the difference was very noticeable -- not subtle. The Troy indeed improved the clarity ,detail and dynamics when on in the system--Vinyl/Vertere Playback.
I'd endorse the product.

BruceD

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have had a very positive experience 2 weeks ago in HK at "Audio Exotics" Sheung Wan showroom. Chris Leung was showing to me how analogue is the brand new APL DAC which during the listening session was paired with a DartZeel combo. Intrigued and curious about a "black box" standing on the floor I asked Chris the use of this gear. Chris introduced to me Tripoint Audio in the best way ever: he just told me "There would be no Audio Exotics today without Tripoint" and removed the Tripoint Troy NG during our listening session. Suddenly the music stage collapsed, the image was less dense (live) and less quiet at the same time with an obvious loss of micro details. It was really an eye-opening experience for me. I'm not saying that without the Tripoint the music was bad but with it inside it was a better listening experience for sure.

before judging Tripoint ground you should have a open/transparent system specially in dynamics.
For example many ac cables like furutech or many ac filters kill micro dynamics and you do not hear that information so if you put Tripoint in that system then the harmful effect of Tripoint will be hidden.

I agree if audiophiles buy Tripoint Ground control it means they hear positive result in their system and I do not say they do not hear positive result , I say most systems are not transparent enough to show you Tripoint Ground is not good for sound.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Nonsense.
This type of answering to my comments means you do not know what micro dynamic means.
Let me describe what micro dynamic is :

macro dynamics are about fast jump , feeling of natural energy/power in sound, image height and scale, feeling of right tempo and pace, feeling of complete control in complex music and ...

micro dynamics are about decay, natural micro vibration of instrument , a positive feeling of life in sound, a sense of immediate in sound , getting emotion of music and ...

Most systems are not enough transparent in micro dynamics and this will describe why many modern systems are lifeless.

Reactions: PeterA

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Note that these 6Moons.com reviews of the ASI Resonators and Sugar Cubes were done using Avantgarde Acoustic horn speakers (Duo Omega, and Solo). See links below for some explanation of how these devices work:

Note that inventor Franck Tchang reportedly received a French patent for the Resonators.

6moon and stereophile and TAS and most of audio magazines are just helping audio industry to sell more.

I have shared my reasons in Audio Critique Topic in this forum and described why I do not care what audio press say.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
This type of answering to my comments means you do not know what micro dynamic means.

macro dynamics are about fast jump , feeling of natural energy/power in sound, image height and scale, feeling of right tempo and pace, feeling of complete control in complex music and ...

micro dynamics are about decay, natural micro vibration of instrument , a positive feeling of life in sound, a sense of immediate in sound , getting emotion of music and ...

Most systems are not enough transparent in micro dynamics and this will describe why many modern systems are lifeless.
No-it means I find your comments to be without insight or value, and therefore have no interest in them.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
No-it means I find your comments to be without insight or value, and therefore have no interest in them.
I never liked off-topic and there is no need to war.

I just try to share my ideas in a peaceful space.

enjoy and have a nice day

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Chris introduced to me Tripoint Audio in the best way ever: he just told me "There would be no Audio Exotics today without Tripoint" and removed the Tripoint Troy NG during our listening session. Suddenly the music stage collapsed, the image was less dense (live) and less quiet at the same time with an obvious loss of micro details. It was really an eye-opening experience for me. I'm not saying that without the Tripoint the music was bad but with it inside it was a better listening experience for sure.
Stef , might you expand a little upon What / Which element(s) of the system was the Tripoint directly connected to , and with what cabling … most interesting.

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A

Now why do I have the feeling that you are merely parroting the belief mantra of another ;) What is your designation in the collective? Four Of ….

• Love
Reactions: Scott Naylor

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
before judging Tripoint ground you should have a open/transparent system specially in dynamics.
For example many ac cables like furutech or many ac filters kill micro dynamics and you do not hear that information so if you put Tripoint in that system then the harmful effect of Tripoint will be hidden.

I agree if audiophiles buy Tripoint Ground control it means they hear positive result in their system and I do not say they do not hear positive result , I say most systems are not transparent enough to show you Tripoint Ground is not good for sound.
Depends what you mean by most systems.

My experience suggests most here would benefit. I was very surprised at the positive impact Tripoint had in my previous setup, a modest one by this forums standards. EMM CDSA, Aesthetix Calypso, Kharma MP150 & Kharma 2.3ce.

The system relaxed, like a layer of distortion had been removed, resolution, palpability and flow all improved. Someone further up the thread mentioned micro dynamics were impacted negatively using another grounding solution. That is surprising as it's one of the great strengths of Tripoint and the Signal Ground Solutions I now use.

There are many happy Entreq grounding users, didn't do enough for me to justify exploring the product after hearing a setup in a friends system. He was very happy.

As always, everything is system and taste dependent

Reactions: matakana

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Depends what you mean by most systems.

My experience suggests most here would benefit. I was very surprised at the positive impact Tripoint had in my previous setup, a modest one by this forums standards. EMM CDSA, Aesthetix Calypso, Kharma MP150 & Kharma 2.3ce.

The system relaxed, like a layer of distortion had been removed, resolution, palpability and flow all improved. Someone further up the thread mentioned micro dynamics were impacted negatively using another grounding solution. That is surprising as it's one of the great strengths of Tripoint and the Signal Ground Solutions I now use.

There are many happy Entreq grounding users, didn't do enough for me to justify exploring the product after hearing a setup in a friends system. He was very happy.

As always, everything is system and taste dependent
You know many audiophiles enjoy using AC filters and all of them report positive feedback about AC filters. Many audio reviewers believe in AC filters and they think AC filters remove the noise from line and it increases transparency and image depth and silence.
yes sure AC filters decrease noise and improve blackness and ... but if you have dynamic system then you will notice most AC filters reduce micro dynamics and change the sound in wrong direction.

Right audio judgment needs transparent system

Reactions: Stef

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Note that these 6Moons.com reviews of the ASI Resonators and Sugar Cubes were done using Avantgarde Acoustic horn speakers (Duo Omega, and Solo). See links below for some explanation of how these devices work:

Note that inventor Franck Tchang reportedly received a French patent for the Resonators.

Have you or anyone else replicated the experiment described in 6 Moons ... where they place so many resonators in the room that voice becomes unintelligible?

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Have you or anyone else replicated the experiment described in 6 Moons ... where they place so many resonators in the room that voice becomes unintelligible?
I have not. Sounds like that would be very expensive, and to what end? I have used them to good effect in a listening room.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Adding too much Sugar Cubes creates a sound pressure that invites you to step back. Go Step by step and see when too much happens, then go back until there’s a balance in feeling the music without overpowering the sound pressure.
English is not my native language so I can’t explain better.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Adding too much Sugar Cubes creates a sound pressure that invites you to step back. Go Step by step and see when too much happens, then go back until there’s a balance in feeling the music without overpowering the sound pressure.
English is not my native language so I can’t explain better.
My experience is similar to what you describe. When I first deployed them on the ceiling I used too many spaced too close together and they overdamped the room. Had to remove a bunch and space out the grid to get things right.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chops

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
My experience is similar to what you describe. When I first deployed them on the ceiling I used too many spaced too close together and they overdamped the room. Had to remove a bunch and space out the grid to get things right.
Since you spoke about SC on ceiling, I bought some again. I will try when the come in. What side did you glue on the ceiling please ? I can’t see on the photos.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Since you spoke about SC on ceiling, I bought some again. I will try when the come in. What side did you glue on the ceiling please ? I can’t see on the photos.
I have a hole-less side adhered to the ceiling, the single hole sides facing the speakers and rear wall, and the two-hole sides facing the side walls. Haven't taken the time (yet) to experiment with different orientations.

Reactions: cuntigh

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
For my part I’ll try the two-hole facing the speakers. As I ad SC’ I don’t want to dampen too much. Let’s see how it will work. Turning 1/4 the SC will be quick and easy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing