Any ECM Records fans here?

View attachment 5937

Watch for this one on HDTracks around the time of its release (scheduled for Nov 6 on CD)

It seems it is a release made with live performance of songs from Magico and the Folk Songs , with an added bonus of "La Passionaria" from Charlie Hayden The Ballad of the Fallen

Thanks for pointing it - I will look for this last LP tonight, I have not listened to it for a too long time!

---It is very hard to go wrong when you purchase any music from the ECM record label; at least for me.

...Jazz, Classical, ... Their library of artists is top-notch (quality and creativity wise), IMO.

Number One in my book.

So does anyone know (or care?) why hi-res ECM albums on HDtracks can be 24/96,24/88.2 or 24/44.1? I understand that PCM recorders can run in any of those formats, but I'm a little surprised to see a relatively small label like ECM release music in all these different 24 bit formats.

Jan Garbarek/Bobo Stenson quartet recordings,are some of the best early ECM.
And the Bobo Stenson trio of the last two decades is the natural extension of the Bill Evans trio.

ECM music lable

Good evening all,
I have a number of ECM LP's. Many purchased while I worked for the Dept Of Defense in Germany. I also have some ECM CD's. As much as I love the ECM sound I am not purchasing any more CD's. I will wait to see if they will commit some of their excellent material to reel to reel tape. Think that will happen ;)?

Last edited:
A huge ECM fan ... Tomas Stanko , Dave Holland , Tord Gustavsen , John Surman and so many many more , each disc is a discovery .

I buy every reasonably priced, good condition ECM pressing I see. Just bought 3 last Friday.

Big Big ECM fan i have well over 100, around 25 Japanese pressings AWSOME.

eberhard_weber-chorus-front.jpg

Nik Bartsch Ronin, any of his albums.

ECM this is what it's all about.

Svensson - Metheny - Brecker - Haffner - Danielsson - Landgren -

Never really explored the music on this label, but I heard that one of the Steve Reich albums is really good, so I ordered it on CD.

Steve Reich - Music for 18 musicians.jpg

Never really explored the music on this label, but I heard that one of the Steve Reich albums is really good, so I ordered it on CD.

View attachment 11414

John, if you enjoy the record, try the one below. The sound is fantastic, as is the performance:

kuniko-plays-reich.jpg

ECM record label is simply one of the best music exploration from some of the most innovative artist musicians on the planet.
And the standard of quality is one of the highest down-to-earth caliber. ...Studios, recording equipment, and professional people.

...From Alternative/progressive Jazz, Classical Chamber, New Age to World music and more.

Enrico Rava is one of my favorites.

51Wq5mtqVL_zpscd68002f.jpg

I can't forget these 2 either

61ADgUUQdQL_zps53fad5de.jpg

51fMBBxU76L_zps0f1ead90.jpg

I have may be around a 100 ECM titles, listen to them all the time. I would have to rank Anouar Brahem as my #1 ranked recording artist on ECM, but it is hard to go wrong with anything released on the label.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing