American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Tango)

"Really close" is a relative term, and Tang is using it in a relative way because his comments are based on comparisons to his other two tables which have more of a "sound" in his opinion. I don't see any inconsistency with any of this. It is based on Tang's listening impressions and on Jarek's reading of them. And David is agreeing that "no sound of its own" is one of his design goals with the AS2000. A goal which he seems to be "really close" to achieving.

+ 1....but it is ok for the professor to be skeptic ;).

Tang

Tang, I understand that Kedar heard the AS2000 with all 3012Rs. What arms were used in his comparisons with the EMT and AF1? Were any of the arms and cartridges consistent? Could some of the differences you ascribe to the tables also be a result of the cartridge/arm combinations you used? How are you and Keder confident about isolating the signatures of the tables, or is it a more general thing whereby regardless of arm/cartridge used, these sonic traits of the three tables came through anyway? Did Kedar hear the Kronos?

I will let Bonzo describe the methodology of his listening and impression. I didnt let him do just about "anything" he wanted in my system but still the extent I let him is beyond anyone in this forum would allow a friend whom never met before "play" with this level of equipments.

Kind regards,
Tang

And we are supposed to wait a month to hear any details?

I will let Bonzo describe the methodology of his listening and impression. I didnt let him do just about "anything" he wanted in my system but still the extent I let him is beyond anyone in this forum would allow a friend whom never met before "play" with this level of equipments.

Kind regards,
Tang

That is true. The next time we meet, we can hit that anything level

just curious...the dog ..is it yours? looks like a miniature Schnauzer

The fluffy one is a mixed breed between a Beagle and a Shih Tzu. The small one is an overweight long-hair Chihuahua.

Tang :)

Kind regards,
Tang

I am sure you manifested the patience of a saint! :)

When he comes to visit me someday he will not be moving anything. However, it will be fine for Kedar to carpet bomb my system with Mooks, if he so desires.

I totally understand and support Kedar not wishing to pre-empt his formal report by answering particular questions. I always feel the same way after I visit a system and I have not yet written the report. For some reason it is annoying to see questions and comments about the visit posted before I have a chance to write my piece.

I am sure Kedar listened to many, many component combinations and made many comparisons. I have a feeling this will be a pretty long report by Kedar. Let's give him time to get home, get back to his life in London and wait for his comprehensive thoughts.

And we are supposed to wait a month to hear any details?

I hear it everyday but my words and David's are just not going to be accountable anyway sir.

Tang

I totally understand and support Kedar not wishing to pre-empt his formal report by answering particular questions. I always feel the same way after I visit a system and I have not yet written the report. For some reason it is annoying to see questions and comments about the visit posted before I have a chance to write my piece.

I am sure Kedar listened to many, many component combinations and made many comparisons. I have a feeling this will be a pretty long report by Kedar. Let's give him time to get home, get back to his life in London and wait for his comprehensive thoughts.

Plus, it's good to tease too.

Tang, please don't say anything. I will post sometime next month

Kedar, I'm just curious about the conditions under which Tang reached the conclusions about the AS2000. We can patiently wait a month for your report. I am particularly interested in reading about the differences between the four cartridges all compared under identical conditions on the AS2000. That will be fascinating.

Kedar, I'm just curious about the conditions under which Tang reached the conclusions about the AS2000. We can patiently wait a month for your report. I am particularly interested in reading about the differences between the four cartridges all compared under identical conditions on the AS2000. That will be fascinating.

He has a point!

I hear it everyday but my words and David's are just not going to be accountable anyway.

Tang

david

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
No problem David. I look forward to reading the report in November.
That's not what he said.

david

That's not what he said.

david

Posted today, October 4th.

Tang, please don't say anything. I will post sometime next month

David, I am basing my post on this post from Kedar. He wrote today that he will post sometime next month. I think that means November.

IMHO such long waiting times take away all spontaneity and most fun from reports.

IMHO such long waiting times take away all spontaneity and most fun from reports.

Agreed. I’m curious, why does it take a month to write up a report?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing