Alsyvox - Hi end Munich 2022 - your thoughts

ariel2611

Apr 29, 2022
Haifa, Israel
Attached a photo i've took from the show...
I'll be glad to hear your thoughts, in my humble opinion, the Alsyvox with Omega Audio in 2019 - sounded far better..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 14.46.09.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 14.46.09.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 111

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I thought it sounded excellent with Jadis .
I think it was the 30 watts monos.
Deep soundstage beautifull set up / speakers with the red cables
By far the best of all ribbons i heard
( diptyque sounded nice as well )

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I posted this over on the Munich thread but here it is again-

Alsyvox is normally shown with higher power at shows. At the upcoming NW show in Seattle, late July, we will be driving the Botticelli X with 600 Watts of Pilium SS power.

In the US the Alsyvox speakers are available for demonstration with both SS and tube high power.

This year Daniele decided to show how easy the Alsyvox are easy to drive, maybe not a statement type sound from Alsyvox but we have a lot of Alsyvox customers who fancy the idea of driving their Alsyvox speakers with low power.

I also like the Esoteric F03A ($15K) 30 Watt Class A integrated SS on the Botticelli X along with higher power SS or high power tubes.

The Alsyvox are VERY flexible when it comes to amplification choices.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
This year Daniele decided to show how easy the Alsyvox are easy to drive, maybe not a statement type sound from Alsyvox but we have a lot of Alsyvox customers who fancy the idea of driving their Alsyvox speakers with low power.
+1
AFAIK, the new released Alsyvox has a sensitivity of 97dB which is top for this type of speaker.

Matt

Reactions: BillK

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
They had planned on using the JA80s for the show but for some logistical reason the JA30s became the only option. Again, the system wasnot set up as a end all statement system, but showed the speakers sensitivity for those that like low power amps.

As Emile said this pair of Raffaellos that were at the show will be on display at the Taiko headquarters for those that are interested in hearing them with more powerful amplifiers.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
From the Manufacturers website I read 94dB / Nominal 4 Ohms unless I am looking at the wrong model, may I enquire as to the minimum value at 20 KHz ?

From experience with my previous ML CLX’s ( Impedance Nominal: 6 ohms, Minimum: 0.7 ohms @ 20 kHz )driven by several disparate valve amplifiers over the years leaves me somewhat sceptical of the prudence of 30 Watt valve amplification, unless Jadis have invented a current driving 30 Watt monster.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
From the Manufacturers website I read 94dB / Nominal 4 Ohms unless I am looking at the wrong model, may I enquire as to the minimum value at 20 KHz ?

From experience with my previous ML CLX’s, Impedance Nominal: 6 ohms, Minimum: 0.7 ohms @ 20 kHz driven by several disparate valve amplifiers over the years leaves me somewhat sceptical of the prudence of 30 Watt valve amplification, unless Jadis have invented a current driving 30 Watt monster.
Yes, you are looking at the wrong model. The Raffaello that premiered at the show is not yet listed on the site.

You don't have to use 30 Watt tube amps if you don't want to, BUT Daniele has done all of his development using a 30 Watt tube amp over the years for all of the Alsyvox models.

Most Alsyvox owners use amps with more power than the JA30's. If you read my comment in a post above I said the original intent was to use JA80s but they were not available due to logistical reasons.

Many people really liked the sound at the show with the JA30s, although Alsyvox has done MANY prior shows all with higher power amps. This was something different. A change of pace.

ariel2611

Apr 29, 2022
Haifa, Israel
I didn't judge which amp was better,
But it seems, the higher the amplification, the more of everything comes out from the speakers...
And yes, Alsyvox introduced some kind (as far as I guessed, I didn't got a clear answer) of a new Botticelli...

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
A lot of customers have smaller rooms than the room at Munich. They also don't have 20 people in their room. 30 Watts in a small room for someone that doesn't play at high volumes, which I have a LOT of customers that never play at higher volumes, is plenty of power to driver even the 94 db Alsyvox.

I would be careful about comparing a completely different tech speaker, ie, you CLX's, to an Alsyvox. Going by specifications alone will not tell the whole story.

A LOT of people prefer lower power amplifiers as they are more refined sounding to them. They enjoy lower power amplification. For these type of listeners Alsyvox is a definite option for them.

Reactions: BillK and mtemur

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I didn't judge which amp was better,
But it seems, the higher the amplification, the more of everything comes out from the speakers...
And yes, Alsyvox introduced some kind (as far as I guessed, I didn't got a clear answer) of a new Botticelli...
I agree I like higher power, both tubes and SS on Alsyvox, but some people like lower power amps. Depends on the person and Alsyvox is available for both types of people.

Not sure what you mean about a new Botticelli? There is no new Botticelli, just the Raffaello was shown and announced at Munich. Or am I missing something that you heard about the Botticelli???

Also in 2019, it was the four panel Caravaggios that were played with the SS amplification.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Thank you for the clarification regarding the model, may we know the Minimum ohms value at 20 KHz if that figure is available.

I would add that were I to ever consider ribbon transducers again that Alsyvox would be most certainly on my radar.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thank you for the clarification regarding the model, may we know the Minimum ohms value at 20 KHz if that figure is available.

I would add that were I to ever consider ribbon transducers again that Alsyvox would be most certainly on my radar.
With the high frequencies the lowest dip is to a little under 4 ohms....around 3.8 or 3.9 ohms. Lower frequencies don't dip below 5.5ohms.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany

From experience with my previous ML CLX’s ( Impedance Nominal: 6 ohms, Minimum: 0.7 ohms @ 20 kHz )driven by several disparate valve amplifiers over the years leaves me somewhat sceptical of the prudence of 30 Watt valve amplification, unless Jadis have invented a current driving 30 Watt monster.
Look here:
97dB sensitivity

Matt

Reactions: Rhapsody

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
With the high frequencies the lowest dip is to a little under 4 ohms....around 3.8 or 3.9 ohms.
Well from a nominal 4 Ohms that would be quite remarkable! By way of disclosure I have also owned Apogee Duetta Signatures and lived with a friends Scintilla’s on extended loan.

Reactions: BillK and christoph

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Well from a nominal 4 Ohms that would be quite remarkable! By way of disclosure I have also owned Apogee Duetta Signatures and lived with a friends Scintilla’s on extended loan.
In the 80's I owned SiX pairs of Apogees. LOVED THEM.

Daniele the developer of Alsyvox also was an Apogee guy. He worked for the next 30 years to develop what we now have with Alsyvox.

For me, it was a dream come true. Full panel ribbons, magnets on both sides, which gives the efficiency, and easy to drive. Heaven for a full range ribbon lover like myself.

ariel2611

Apr 29, 2022
Haifa, Israel
I agree I like higher power, both tubes and SS on Alsyvox, but some people like lower power amps. Depends on the person and Alsyvox is available for both types of people.

Not sure what you mean about a new Botticelli? There is no new Botticelli, just the Raffaello was shown and announced at Munich. Or am I missing something that you heard about the Botticelli???

Also in 2019, it was the four panel Caravaggios that were played with the SS amplification.
Sorry, Maybe I missed that announcement...I've asked the guy who demonstrated them, I didn't remember any "Raffaello" comes out from him..maybe a misunderstanding...

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
I posted this over on the Munich thread but here it is again-

Alsyvox is normally shown with higher power at shows. At the upcoming NW show in Seattle, late July, we will be driving the Botticelli X with 600 Watts of Pilium SS power.

In the US the Alsyvox speakers are available for demonstration with both SS and tube high power.

I also like the Esoteric F03A ($15K) 30 Watt Class A integrated SS on the Botticelli X along with higher power SS or high power tubes.

The Alsyvox are VERY flexible when it comes to amplification choices.
I see they had the Jadis integrated amplifier that uses the KT 170 tubes, was this not fired up as this would have been quite an interesting combo ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zarir

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Sorry, Maybe I missed that announcement...I've asked the guy who demonstrated them, I didn't remember any "Raffaello" comes out from him..maybe a misunderstanding...
The Raffaello was the speaker that was at Munich this last weekend driven with the Jadis JA30s. In 2019 it was the 4 panel Caravaggios at the Marriott driven with Omega.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing