AlsyVox Botticelli with external crossovers

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Hi Ariel,

Welcome to WBF!

You are correct, the different Alsyvox models are offered in different sizes to accommodate different room sizes, small to VERY large rooms.

If you look at the descriptions of the different Alsyvox models at this page, the specific room recommendations are listed in each speaker's description. https://alsyvox.com/products/

The external crossovers are identical in size for the Tintoretto and Botticelli, although the internal parts/crossover points are tailored specifically for the respective model that they are paired with.

The Tintoretto and Botticelli use the exact same technology/ribbons/materials etc. The difference is only in the size of the speaker for the different room sizes. The Tintoretto and Botticelli either non crossover versions or X (with crossovers) have the same sonic characteristics.

I see you are located in Israel. Best to email Daniele at Alsyvox at info@alsyvox.com for further information.

Bob
Hello,
I really love those speakers, I've heard them in the Munich 2019 show, Wow...
I want to ask please, Is the Tintoretto have the same external crossover vs Botticelli?
Have someone from the forum members have the chance to compare the Botticelli Vs Tintoretto?
As I've understood, it's all about the room size...
Regards,
Ariel

Hi Ariel

Tintoretto is for smaller room size than Botticelli. As Bob said, these are identical apart size of the drivers. The sound is identical, but Botticelli bigger size gives a bit more dynamic and slam even in a small room.

Best regards

Philippe

Attachments

• PHP Audio.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 21

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
Alsyvox are great sounding speakers but €32k for crossovers tells you all you need to know about the pricing model of the company. Talk about cynical, and I’m not referring to myself.

Reactions: fizzletop and PhP

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Alsyvox are great sounding speakers but €32k for crossovers tells you all you need to know about the pricing model of the company. Talk about cynical, and I’m not referring to myself.
Hello

it's your opinion. I do not work at ALSYVOX, but for 40 years, I never found such an accurate speaker like these. 32 k€ is very expensive but this is for 2 crossovers and 6 cables. I ask PRANAWIRE to develop a better set of crossover cables, you could be surprised how expensive they cost. It's a very different thing to buy a dedicated hand made product than a very good "mass market" product. Best regards,

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
The crossovers are worth every penny, and pricing for external crossover boxes for similar price range speakers in the past weren't all that different.

Reactions: PhP

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Each hand made 30lb acrylic crossover is filled with Dueland/Mundorf components. There are as stated 3 custom cables included with each crossover that are basically the same as high level speaker cables.

There is a clear clear acrylic base that the crossover sits on. The crossovers allow adjustments to the bass, midrange/TW and super tweeters by 3db for each driver.

The $16K each price included dealer/distributor margin and also includes shipping/insurance, import duties and custom flight cases for safe travel/shipping.

Anyone that owns Alsyvox and has the crossovers do not think the pricing is out of line.

No apologies on the pricing for either Alsyvox speakers or the crossovers. Not for everyone of course but for the MANY Alsyvox users they are very happy with their speakers AND crossovers.

The crossovers, like the Alsvyox speakers, are for many happy customers a work of art as well as world class transducers.

iansr

Dec 27, 2010
“Anyone that owns Alsyvox and has the crossovers do not think the pricing is out of line.”

I don’t think I need to add anything to that do I.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
“Anyone that owns Alsyvox and has the crossovers do not think the pricing is out of line.”

I don’t think I need to add anything to that do I.
There is nothing wrong with your opinion on it. Just saying that I have sold I think 20 pairs of Alsvyox in the last 2 years and 18 of the customers bought the crossovers and they all feel like the price was fine regarding the performance AND ADJUSTABILITY that the crossovers provided.

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
There is nothing wrong with your opinion on it. Just saying that I have sold I think 20 pairs of Alsvyox in the last 2 years and 18 of the customers bought the crossovers and they all feel like the price was fine regarding the performance AND ADJUSTABILITY that the crossovers provided.
Myself and a friend would like to pair up and buy the external crossovers also if it was not for these expensive money pit houses we are building.

I had two other owners of the Botticelli (after adding the crossovers) tell me the cost represents better bang for the buck than any upgrade of a component they have experienced. This is of course dependent on your long term goals and assumption you enjoy the music more than the hobby of constant buying of something else.

YMMV but the Alsyvox steered me in the direction of "I'm done now".

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
The external crossovers are utilising a balanced topology, this requires 4 times higher component values over normal, a 4 ohm impedance doubles the required value over 8 ohms, and all this in Duelund currency makes this not so surprising to me.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Existing Alsyvox Botticelli's with newly added X crossovers, by Rhapsody.Audio

image2-5.jpeg image1-7.jpeg image0-20.jpeg

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Nice set up. I also use Audionet Humboldt.
About ALSYVOX Botticelli + external crossovers, I pushed them to the limit and the result is quite extraordinary. I use special hand made cables to link the crossovers to the speakers. The sound is even more realistic and more musical. Dynamics are more life like and the most important, tones and color shades are more like the unamplified event. Daniele knows that my mind is upgrading performance like Shelby vs stock Mustang, without going to extreme cost. I have also some help from Kazuo Kuichi. Stay tuned

Reactions: Marcus

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
About ALSYVOX Botticelli + external crossovers, I pushed them to the limit and the result is quite extraordinary. I use special hand made cables to link the crossovers to the speakers. The sound is even more realistic and more musical. Dynamics are more life like and the most important, tones and color shades are more like the unamplified event. Daniele knows that my mind is upgrading performance like Shelby vs stock Mustang, without going to extreme cost. I have also some help from Kazuo Kuichi. Stay tuned
So are you a cable manufacturer?

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
So are you a cable manufacturer?
Hi Bob,

no, I am distributor and dealer of ALSYVOX AUDIONET HARMONIX OMEGA AUDIO CONCEPTS PRANAWIRE CABLES and WEISS and other brand on request like PLAYBACK DESIGN ESSENCE ...

Philippe

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Bob,

no, I am distributor and dealer of ALSYVOX AUDIONET HARMONIX OMEGA AUDIO CONCEPTS PRANAWIRE CABLES and WEISS and other brand on request like PLAYBACK DESIGN ESSENCE ...

Philippe
Hi Philippe,

Sorry, I was just trying to understand...thank you!

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
no problem Bob . I discussed with Daniele about improvements last fall and one way is cable, as my experience that my silver jumpers outperform Omega jumpers even the silver model.
I was head technical manager in a car company for years, no cure for that...

Have a nice day

Philippe

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Have you ever tried alternative footers? I’m thinking about trying something from Harmonix. Tuning spikes with tuning bases seem interesting for the purpose…

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Have you ever tried alternative footers? I’m thinking about trying something from Harmonix. Tuning spikes with tuning bases seem interesting for the purpose…
Hello Markus
yes. HARMONIX REI-168+RF-999Z is the best upgrade possible for Humboldt, and other amplifiers that have a strong and rigid chassis. Others products for HARMONIX e.g. TU-1000M are better under DACs, preamp or transport. REI-168+RF-999Z are also used under ALSYVOX external filters and under Convergence® audio stand.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Thanks but I meant alternative footers on Botticelli speakers not external crossovers or amps. Sorry for not being clear enough.

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Thanks but I meant alternative footers on Botticelli speakers not external crossovers or amps. Sorry for not being clear enough.
This is a good question. Alsyvox feet are special, the isolate the speaker for the floor which can resonate and also it prevent energy to be stored in the chassis as the planar is quite free in front to rear mouvement. This is what ball bearing systems are about.
But as you may know ne now, I am working on a prototype of feet that as a special HARMONIX component inside. It's a work asked by one of my Botticelli customer. I will tell you when I will try the concept, be sure of a positive result and share with Daniele also before any publication. I think this will work..
Philippe

BillK

Aug 25, 2015

My B-X are on Stillpoint Ultra Vs (V1) with spikes and sound great.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing