Aesthetix repair other than Aesthetix

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Ked,

What is your take on Massimo66’s issue, and his problem with his Aesthetix IO? Any ideas?

/ Jk

sorry, none. I don’t think aesthetix should be bought unless you are close to the factory and can drive over to get it repaired

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda and Johan K

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Ciao Ked,

Qual è la tua opinione sulla questione di Massimo66 e sul suo problema con il suo Aesthetix IO? Qualche idea?

/Jk
Grazie mille per la solidarietà chissà prima poi l'estetica X si muoverà, per non parlare dell'importatore italiano che quando lo mandavo a riparare la nandù dopo aver pagato profumatamente tornava sempre da me con lo stesso problema di elettronica
l'Allnic è molto buono, per favore prova anche il raddrizzatore KR invece del raddrizzatore di serie
Hai perfettamente ragione non ho fatto passare nemmeno 15 giorni e ho preso il KR 5U4G anche se non ho trovato l'RK, comunque nei forum e qualche altro appassionato che ha l'allnic h 7000 che 5U4G gec è anche meglio lì
Sono felice di sapere che ti piace il tuo nuovo Allnic 7000v. La Germania ha ottimi ingegneri, quindi potrebbe esserci una buona possibilità di convincere qualcuno a riparare il tuo IO.

Per il prezzo di un Aesthetix IO, penso che Aesthetix dovrebbe assumersi le proprie responsabilità e risolvere qualsiasi problema ci sia. Non so quale mai potrebbe essere il problema?! Vogliono davvero una cattiva pubblicità che rende i clienti frustrati, arrabbiati e male parlando dei loro prodotti - non capisco??!

Spero che risolverai presto il tuo IO e ti auguro buona fortuna.

/Jk

Reactions: Johan K

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Hi Ked,

What is your take on Massimo66’s issue, and his problem with his Aesthetix IO? Any ideas?

/ Jk
someone replied that if you decide to buy a product built in another continent or in another country, you must be ready to deal with the consequences of any complicated repairs. I disagree on this point for two very important reasons. the first is that such an attitude would lead to an absolute constructive autarky, since making assistance intervention complicated would in the long run lead to forcing each of us to buy only products created in the place where we live and would make the market even more asphyxiated of what it is today. the second reason, a consequence of my first thought, is that all this would discourage the producers themselves from investing in research because to amortize the costs they could only focus on their own domestic market. bearing in mind that this market and this passion is not supported only by the hi-end scrooges but that it is supported above all by a certain medium who makes sacrifices and saves to be able to buy the products of their dreams, I see no reason to complicate life for us end users. just to give an example, I praise the audio research policy (also in consideration of recent news events) which allows me to be able to easily find assistance even for forty-year-old products without breaking the bank in astronomical shipping costs. Another consideration that I allow myself to make is that if all of us or at least most of the enthusiasts were forced to choose products built only within our nation or at most in neighboring countries, not even a forum as special as this one unites enthusiasts from all over the globe, it would have reason to exist, because it would make no sense to exchange opinions on products that no one would buy if built in other continents. In your opinion, living in Europe, it would make sense to read posts just to give the example of aesthetix products whose cost of any assistance would be equal to or close to the purchase cost, obviously very few would buy there. I specify that this is only my opinion and that I absolutely respect the thoughts of others that can only enrich me and open my mind to new ideas and new thoughts. I am and will always be open to changing my thinking in the face of convincing arguments. I start from the assumption that anyone can teach me something since each of us is rich in their own unique and personal experiences that can always be transferred to me

Reactions: Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
I partly agree on this, Massimo66…
On the other hand I agree with Bonzo75, due to the fact that Aesthetix has not been up to their responsibilitys as a serious audio company to deal with problems issued by their customers.

/ Jk

Reactions: Lagonda

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
someone replied that if you decide to buy a product built in another continent or in another country, you must be ready to deal with the consequences of any complicated repairs. I disagree on this point for two very important reasons. the first is that such an attitude would lead to an absolute constructive autarky, since making assistance intervention complicated would in the long run lead to forcing each of us to buy only products created in the place where we live and would make the market even more asphyxiated of what it is today. the second reason, a consequence of my first thought, is that all this would discourage the producers themselves from investing in research because to amortize the costs they could only focus on their own domestic market. bearing in mind that this market and this passion is not supported only by the hi-end scrooges but that it is supported above all by a certain medium who makes sacrifices and saves to be able to buy the products of their dreams, I see no reason to complicate life for us end users. just to give an example, I praise the audio research policy (also in consideration of recent news events) which allows me to be able to easily find assistance even for forty-year-old products without breaking the bank in astronomical shipping costs. Another consideration that I allow myself to make is that if all of us or at least most of the enthusiasts were forced to choose products built only within our nation or at most in neighboring countries, not even a forum as special as this one unites enthusiasts from all over the globe, it would have reason to exist, because it would make no sense to exchange opinions on products that no one would buy if built in other continents. In your opinion, living in Europe, it would make sense to read posts just to give the example of aesthetix products whose cost of any assistance would be equal to or close to the purchase cost, obviously very few would buy there. I specify that this is only my opinion and that I absolutely respect the thoughts of others that can only enrich me and open my mind to new ideas and new thoughts. I am and will always be open to changing my thinking in the face of convincing arguments. I start from the assumption that anyone can teach me something since each of us is rich in their own unique and personal experiences that can always be transferred to me

Not exactly interpreted correctly. There are enough good products in each continent. You can buy from another continent, but that manufacturer should have good service in your area, or simply not breakdown. what is the point of buying something like IO eclipse from the US when it keeps breaking down, is poorly serviced in EU, and there are as good or better sonic alternatives available in EU that are serviced better. Similarly I don't understand the interest for Lamm in Europe. I understand the interest for some American speakers in EU, like Wilson Martin Logans etc because they are well represented and serviced.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i agree with Ked that there are some products that don't really fit buying out of country or hemisphere. Aesthetix might be one of them. but most are not like that. and i had issues with time frame of repair with Aesthetix and i'm here on the West Coast of the USA relatively near them. so it's not the distance that is really the main concern, even though it might appear that way. my experience was in the middle of COVID....so that may have been a factor.

my gear is mostly from out of country. Swiss, Japanese, and Spanish. a cartridge from Eastern Europe. my speakers, tape decks, phono stage and one tt are from the USA. this issue has had minimal effect on my experiences. not zero, but minimal. even brand new companies from around the world are reliable. i was the first owner of any CS Port product in the Western Hemisphere without a dealer within 8000 miles for a few years and never an issue.

you do need to investigate things for sure.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I don’t think aesthetix should be bought unless you are close to the factory and can drive over to get it repaired

Or be prepared to send it back to the factory. Each box weighs about 40 pounds. It is not like having to send a loudspeaker in a crate.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I think Lagonda can respons to this issue too!
Yes Johan, the Io was definitely my biggest buying mistake ever, and i doubled down and spent another $5 k to have a second phono input and volume control installed the first time it went back to he US for repair :rolleyes: It spent half its warranty time being repaired. And at this point i have little fait in its future reliability, i have not even bothered to have i repaired after it broke down the fourth time a year ago. It has also turned me of tubes in general, unfairly maybe, but my next top of the line phono will not contain a single tube !:confused:

Reactions: Johan K and bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Or be prepared to send it back to the factory. Each box weighs about 40 pounds. It is not like having to send a loudspeaker in a crate.

people on this thread complained about lack of response. Not sure of details

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yes Johan, the Io was definitely my biggest buying mistake ever, and i doubled down and spent another $5 k to have a second phono input and volume control installed the first time it went back to he US for repair :rolleyes: It spent half its warranty time being repaired. And at this point i have little fait in its future reliability, i have not even bothered to have i repaired after it broke down the fourth time a year ago. It has also turned me of tubes in general, unfairly maybe, but my next top of the line phono will not contain a single tube !:confused:

How was it sonically?

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
My experience has been that on top of expensive shipping, and custom paperwork, Aesthetix take forever to do repairs and upgrades, and that was before Covid, if they had reliable repair options in Europe, i might have had a different experience with the product. To bad it is a great sounding product, not exactly neutral , but wonderful sounding.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
How was it sonically?
A little soft in the treble, i find my SS phono to be more neutral. Great "Suspension of disbelief.TM", slightly noisy even with a 0,3 mv cartridge. Great bass performance and dynamics, maybe a little exaggerated, will do good with thin sounding cartridges and TT's. When you add the inconvenience and cost of 400 Watts continues power consumption and heat dissipation to the real estate it takes up in your listening room, it is a hard sell.:oops:

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
I had a problem with my Audio Physic speakers. Service was terrible. Finally out of frustration I told the US distributer that I was going to haul the speakers down to a fire ring in Newport Beach and set them on fire and post a video online. Next thing I knew the parts shipped and communication opened up after months of dead airspace.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I had a problem with my Audio Physic speakers. Service was terrible. Finally out of frustration I told the US distributer that I was going to haul the speakers down to a fire ring in Newport Beach and set them on fire and post a video online. Next thing I knew the parts shipped and communication opened up after months of dead airspace.
In all fairness, the Scandinavian distributor is great, and on top of things, but bound by the slowness and unwillingness to repair overseas of Aesthetix :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
I personally don't make a bundle of all the grass as they say in Italy (that is, every blade of grass is different from the other) each producer is free to set up their own strategies, if you re-read my post I unconditionally award audio research that I guaranteed to repair my beloved ls 5 or my sp 11 now collector's items without the slightest problem and without having to face the exorbitant shipping costs both outward and return, in the same way there are, as someone pointed out, brands such as Martin Logan or Wilson who guarantee you a prompt response and concrete help to solve any problems that arise. above all this means respect for the final user who must never, ever be a fruit to be squeezed but a seed which, by budding, will in turn produce other beautiful fruits. In practice, a prudent company strategy policy should allow those who invest in research and production to cultivate admirers who are sincerely happy to recommend the same purchase to other enthusiasts. I repeat this is only my personal opinion as well as advice to certain brands. after all, remaining in the context of the popular Italian sayings "when a Pope dies, another one always comes around" and I, respectful of popular wisdom, bought myself an allnic and am preparing to organize a grilled fish using my aesthetix as charcoal.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
if you have older audio physics loudspeakers, always contact joachim gerhard now Süsskind audio. he offers upgrade and repair.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing