Aesthetix repair other than Aesthetix

Pwolo

Oct 30, 2021
Does anyone know of a repair service other than Aesthetix for their equipment? My Io has been at the factory for three months waiting on what should be a minor repair without much communication from them.

Thanks

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Does anyone know of a repair service other than Aesthetix for their equipment? My Io has been at the factory for three months waiting on what should be a minor repair without much communication from them.

Thanks
Typical Aesthetix they have the slowest repair/upgrade service i have experienced, and products that constantly break ! A bad combination ! :rolleyes: I am at the point where i almost don't bother having it repaired again, it's just going to break again soon after. My Io has been sitting waiting in boxes for over six months now, maybe i should drive it to the dump instead of repair ?:(

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
@Pwolo what is the nature of the needed repair?

@Lagonda very sorry to hear. You must be very patient ;)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
@Pwolo what is the nature of the needed repair?

@Lagonda very sorry to hear. You must be very patient ;)
No i have no patience anymore, last time it broke, the importer gave up on sending it back to America for a third time and had a local very talented repair guy do the work in Sweden, it was still under warranty back then ! Aesthetix did not want to give the importer the diagrams, he had to make his own ! o_O

• Wow
Reactions: Solypsa

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Typical Aesthetix they have the slowest repair/upgrade service i have experienced, and products that constantly break ! A bad combination ! :rolleyes: I am at the point where i almost don't bother having it repaired again, it's just going to break again soon after. My Io has been sitting waiting in boxes for over six months now, maybe i should drive it to the dump instead of repair ?:(
IMG_1302.png

Reactions: tima and Johan K

Republicoftexas69

Wow I was looking at them for a pre-amp. Take them off the short list.

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
No i have no patience anymore, last time it broke, the importer gave up on sending it back to America for a third time and had a local very talented repair guy do the work in Sweden, it was still under warranty back then ! Aesthetix did not want to give the importer the diagrams, he had to make his own ! o_O
Hi Lagonda,

You and I are still very fortunate that we have Mr. Björn Haglund, to service and repair our stuff. There is not many guys around with the knowledge this man possess.
I am very sorry for both of you guys having trouble with your Aesthetix. For the pricetag of those machines, the service and repair time should be equally high, one can think. What has happen to the responsibility of high end hifi manufacturers these days? I get frustrated just to think about it.

I hope it turns out good in the end for both of you guys, Lagonda and Pwolo.

/ Jk

Pwolo

Oct 30, 2021
The output from the right channel dropped substantially in the phono mode only. When using the Aux input with digital in it worked fine.

Swapping all tubes and power supplies side to side made no difference as did putting the stock tubes back instead of the NOS.

Oddly, the sound quality was fine, I just needed to run the right channel at almost full gain to get balanced sound.

I will sell the Io when it’s repaired but who knows how long that will be. If I had a circuit diagram I might try to troubleshoot it myself.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
If you have a scope and a test record or signal generator it would be fairly straightforward to test through phono section to see where the drop happens.

I will pm you with a few tech ideas too.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
when I had the Aesthetix Io volume back around 2000, I had to buy another one as spare when the other was out for repair
unstable, unpredictable, shitty mechanics and even worse support
Hear ! Hear ! ;)

thekong

May 10, 2012
Since we are sharing horror stories, I’ll tell :pAbout 8-10 years ago, our group purchased 3 sets of Io Eclipse with dual power supplies. All 3 sets broke down within 30 hours of play. Apparently, the problem was with some electrolytic capacitors in the main unit. We just assumed Aesthetix was unlucky in getting a batch of bad caps!

The units were fixed by the local agent, and fortunately they have worked till now. My friends have had some mishaps with their units since then, but it has nothing to do with Aesthetix, eg. water got into the unit. Consequently, we have found a local tech who could take care of the units.

Before the Io, I purchased a demo unit of the Callisto Eclipse with dual power supplies from the agent, it also broke down about 6 months after I had the unit. The problem was one channel having lower volume than the other. Again the local agent fixed it, and reported something failed in the balanced circuit!

I still love the sound of the Io and Callisto, and they remain as the main components in my system. But then, I always have a set of backup phono and linestage on hand just in case.

If your Io / Callisto is out of warranty, I think it is wise to find a local tech to do the fixing. I know nothing about circuits, but according to my tech, the circuits of the Io / Callisto are really not that complicated! So, as long as you have one channel work properly, a competent tech should be able to use that as a reference.

Pwolo, I hope your problem can be resolved soon!

Reactions: mtemur and Lagonda

Pwolo

Oct 30, 2021
I found someone in Oregon who said they would take a look at the Io. I wrote to Aesthetix and even sent them Fedex labels to ship it and they told me it was being worked by Jim the following week.

They did get to it right after and fixed it. They even offered to hold it for me to drop ship it to a new owner so I wouldn’t need to pay for the return to me and the ship it a second time.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Glad they got on it. Best wishes for the sale

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Ciao Lagonda,

Tu ed io siamo ancora molto fortunati ad avere il signor Björn Haglund, per riparare e riparare le nostre cose. Non ci sono molti ragazzi in giro con la conoscenza che quest'uomo possiede.
Mi dispiace molto per entrambi voi ragazzi che avete problemi con il vostro Aesthetix. Per il prezzo di quelle macchine, i tempi di assistenza e riparazione dovrebbero essere ugualmente alti, si può pensare. Cosa è successo alla responsabilità dei produttori hi-fi di fascia alta in questi giorni? Mi sento frustrato solo a pensarci.

Spero che alla fine vada bene per entrambi ragazzi, Lagonda e Pwolo.

/Jk
Ciao Johan K ciao Lagonda è possibile avere l’indirizzo mail del signor Björn Haglund poiché I also had the power supply of my signature io went up in smoke and I have had my beloved signature io repaired for a long time by the engineer Alberto Ingoglia of Aurion audio, a disaster occurred inside the power supply, but not having of the schematics and values of the components it is not possible to fix it, of course I wrote to aesthetix but they seem to keep their secrets more closely guarded than the state secret on the assassination of Kennedy. So much was the desire to go back to listening to my beloved vinyl records that I bought an allnic h7000v. Can you give me a hand, I'm also in Europe and in particular in Italy and I have no desire to ship everything to the United States because in addition to the cost of shipping, given the considerable weight that would be close to a thousand euros round trip, I run the risk that on return the customs will apply a tax equal to the value of the signature (it has already happened to an acquaintance of mine who first had to pay and that after two years he managed to get the customs tax returned), it might as well be that with the same money I would buy a koetsu red signature cartridge.

• Wow
Reactions: BoyDK and Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Ciao Johan K ciao Lagonda è possibile avere l’indirizzo mail del signor Björn Haglund poiché I also had the power supply of my signature io went up in smoke and I have had my beloved signature io repaired for a long time by the engineer Alberto Ingoglia of Aurion audio, a disaster occurred inside the power supply, but not having of the schematics and values of the components it is not possible to fix it, of course I wrote to aesthetix but they seem to keep their secrets more closely guarded than the state secret on the assassination of Kennedy. So much was the desire to go back to listening to my beloved vinyl records that I bought an allnic h7000v. Can you give me a hand, I'm also in Europe and in particular in Italy and I have no desire to ship everything to the United States because in addition to the cost of shipping, given the considerable weight that would be close to a thousand euros round trip, I run the risk that on return the customs will apply a tax equal to the value of the signature (it has already happened to an acquaintance of mine who first had to pay and that after two years he managed to get the customs tax returned), it might as well be that with the same money I would buy a koetsu red signature cartridge.
Hi Massimo66,

Very sorry to hear about your troubled Aestheix IO. It seems like you are not alone to have this kind of serious trouble with the IO phonostage. Even worse is that Aesthetix don’t take their responsibility more serious.

Now…
Björn Haglund is a very special repair guy, with knowledge beyond compare. However… he is 76 years old, and last time I spoke with him, he said that his health was not on top anymore, and that he had ended his repair business. I have to respect that. With that said, I will not be able to help you, even if I would like to. I am very sorry for this, and I can only advice you to find the best electronic repair guy in Italy to help you repair your phonostage.

I wish you the best of luck.

Kindest Regards

/ Johan

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Ciao Massimo66,

Mi dispiace molto per il tuo travagliato Aestheix IO. Sembra che tu non sia il solo ad avere questo tipo di seri problemi con lo stadio phono IO. Ancora peggio è che Aesthetix non si prende le proprie responsabilità più seriamente.

Ora…
Björn Haglund è un riparatore molto speciale, con una conoscenza senza paragoni. Tuttavia... ha 76 anni e l'ultima volta che ho parlato con lui, ha detto che la sua salute non era più al massimo e che aveva concluso la sua attività di riparazione. Devo rispettarlo. Detto questo, non sarò in grado di aiutarti, anche se lo vorrei. Sono molto dispiaciuto per questo, e posso solo consigliarti di trovare il miglior riparatore elettronico in Italia per aiutarti a riparare il tuo stadio fono.

Vi auguro buona fortuna.

Cordiali saluti

/ Giovanni
grazie comunque forse in germania c'è un centro assistenza pubblicizzato su audio markt, credo fosse un ex centro assistenza autorizzato aesthetix. speriamo di sì mentre mi godo il mio nuovo allnic 7000v. il tecnico audio aurion mi ha spiegato il problema più grande è che non avendo i valori corretti dei componenti, anche se vai per tentativi ogni volta che lo provi devi rimontare tutto il dispositivo e perdere un sacco di tempo, poi se hai dei valori sbagliati devi smontare tutta la piastra e perdere ancora un sacco di tempo e il lavoro diventa antieconomico per il riparatore che poi ti deve fatturare un sacco di soldi. Penso che il comportamento dell'aesthetix sia folle, se da un lato protegge a spada tratta la proprietà intellettuale, dall'altro sta distruggendo la reputazione di un oggetto di culto. Per non parlare di tutti i problemi riscontrati dai proprietari di RHEA (io l'ho avuto circa 9 anni fa), se lo guardi male si offende e si autorompe da solo. E pensare che prima dell'IO aveva una bat vk 10 se... una specie di corazzata inaffondabile.

Reactions: BoyDK and Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Thank you Massimo66!

I’m glad to hear that you enjoy your new Allnic 7000v. Germany has very good engineers, so there might be a good chance to get someone to fix your IO.

For the price tag of an Aesthetix IO - I think Aesthetix should take their responsibility and fix what ever problem there is. I don’t know what ever could be the problem?! Do they really want bad advertising by making customers frustrated, angry and talking bad of their products - I don’t get it??!

I hope you will get your IO fixed soon, and I wish you the best of luck.

/ Jk

Reactions: BoyDK and Massimo66

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So much was the desire to go back to listening to my beloved vinyl records that I bought an allnic h7000v.
the Allnic is very good, please also try the KR rectifier in it instead of the stock recti

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing