Academy Awards Nominations 2016

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
Ray, did you watch the show? And if not, what is your take?

And if yes, what did you think? :b

No, I didn't watch it.

Actors/etc I don't know, being awarded for films I didn't see... I just check the headlines the next day, and in this case, found Chris Rock whom I like a bit.

Movies I saw or people I know bolded from the winners list (I'm pretty certain if I listed all the nominations there wouldn't be much more bolded):

Best Picture: “Spotlight”
Direction: “The Revenant,” Alejandro G. Iñárritu
Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, “The Revenant”
Actress: Brie Larson, “Room”
Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, “Bridge of Spies”
Supporting Actress: Alicia Vikander, “The Danish Girl”
Adapted Screenplay: “The Big Short,” Charles Randolph and Adam McKay
Original Screenplay: “Spotlight,” Josh Singer and Tom McCarthy
Cinematography: “The Revenant,” Emmanuel Lubezki
Production Design: “Mad Max: Fury Road,” Colin Gibson and Lisa Thompson (set decoration)
Film Editing: “Mad Max: Fury Road,” Margaret Sixel
Visual Effects: “Ex Machina,” Andrew Whitehurst, Paul Norris, Mark Ardington and Sara Bennett
Costume Design: “Mad Max: Fury Road,” Jenny Beavan
Makeup: “Mad Max: Fury Road,” Lesley Vanderwalt, Elka Wardega and Damian Martin
Sound Editing: “Mad Max: Fury Road,” Mark Mangini and David White
Sound Mixing: “Mad Max: Fury Road,” Chris Jenkins, Gregg Rudloff and Ben Osmo
Score: “The Hateful Eight,” Ennio Morricone
Song: “Writing’s on the Wall,” from “Spectre,” Jimmy Napes and Sam Smith
Foreign Language Film: “Son of Saul” (Hungary)
Animated Feature: “Inside Out”
Documentary Feature: “Amy”
Animated Short: “Bear Story”
Documentary Short: “A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness”
Live Action Short: “Stutterer”

I know Leo, and saw Ex Machina on Amazon recently, and know Enrico from his work in the past. Hateful Eight I'll see someday, and Spectre, maybe others as they come along on 'TV' and catch my eye.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It was horrible. Poor action scenes as well. I hardly liked any movie last year, anyway. Try watching A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, it was the best from last year. Iranian, directed in the US though.

Interesting, a vampire movie.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing