About Taiko Audio

Christiaan Punter

Taiko logo White (Inverted) Wide_v2.png

Taiko Audio is an innovative Dutch high-end audio laboratory, equally passionate about music and technology and with a strong professional background in science, engineering, and IT.

Through extensive research and development, we improve upon existing technologies and create fully proprietary solutions where needed. This is what makes Taiko Audio unique in its field.

Spearheaded by founder Emile Bok and propelled by his ever-surging creativity, our mission is to innovate in the audio industry by developing cutting-edge devices and features with the sole purpose of producing magnificent sound quality and stunning realism.

Emile-Black-White2-1024x928.jpg

You will find introductions of all our current and future products in separate threads on this forum.

Taiko Audio website

Taiko Audio website - Downloads Section

Last edited:

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
I have been an Extreme owner since 2018 and loved it from day one. When I first got it I had VSA Ultra 9's, which were modified to accept the CMS LS 1.5 footers, a total VAC system with 456 mono.blocs, Master preamp and Renaissance phono stage, and a MSB Reference DAC with a 70 femto sec clock and a full ream of MasterBuilt Ultra cabling and thought I had achieved my bucket list system.

Then I made a core electronic shift to Westminster Labs REI class A amps because I absolutely love class A designs, a Westminster Quest premap with their phono stage and then bought a Lampizator Horizon to offset the solid state components. I also replaced my Bergmann Galder/Odin with an ARS Machine TT with a My Sonic Labs Reference Platinum cartridge. I also put Critical Mass Systems Ultra TT footers under all components, which took it to another level compared to their 2M footers.

Along the way I added the USB upgrade from Taiko and now their Switch and used Roon and then switched to XDMS, which was better than Roon, but had its bugs. Now, with Steve Williams help on many occasions, I now have Taiko's NSM system (Version 2.3.10 (1) and must say that I am hearing digital like I have never heard it before, probably anywhere. Since Steve's last help this AM, it keeps getting better every 5-10 minutes into a realm I never knew existed. It has even improved while I have been writing this post!!!

While I am now retired and don't have the income I once had, I can see that I will have to dip into my retirement funds for Taiko's new router and modem, and just possibly their future battery pack since each improvement is totally addictive. and my hunger for the best in audio is still with me.

I must say that while the digital is totally amazing beyond my wildest dreams, there is still something about a great analog arm and amazing vinyl that is hard beat, or at the least a wonderful alternative to my digital arm. BTW, the ARS Machine/My Sonic LabsWestminster

Unfortunately as a consequence of prostate cancer and total body sepsis leading to a 6 week coma, during which I had to have a quadruple bypass that triggered a stroke, I must state that Taiko, Steve, Fred from Lampizator and others have all been wonderful helping me make this all of this work, which with my stroke deficits was no easy task

All of the people who have worked with me to assemble my current system, especially since my stroke deserve very special thanks because I simply could not have done this without them.

Ultra high audio is a wonderful hobby if you have the funds, but, especially as a stroke victim I love that my current system is now so believable that whatever is troubling me is gone from my thoughts in 2-5 seconds (no exaggeration) and brings be back to happiness and makes me feel more complete again, something I would not have believed if it did not happen to me.

Thank you all for your help and designs.

tsaett

May 20, 2014
Cologne
Dear What’s Best community,

I am absolutely thrilled to announce my start at team Taiko in Oldenzaal today.

After a short engagement at Taiko approximately 4 years ago in the context of a Sabbatical (senior passengers on the Taiko Train might remember), I just could not refuse Emile’s offer to take on a vacant position.

My history with Taiko goes back even further though.

I remember vividly the first public demo of the SGM2015 at a show in Bonn in 2016, where I pestered Edward with questions for my own server built, similar to the CAPS Pipeline that was popular back then. I also remember the international unveiling event in Munich the same year, where I was lucky to be on the guest list.

Not long after I could call one of the first produced units my own, as Steve would put it “you can’t unring a bell”. Luckily I have kept contact with Emile ever since.

A few words about my background:

I am from Cologne, Germany, in my mid 30s, but an audiophile for over 20 years already. In this time, I have gathered extensive experience at home with many approaches, horns, cones, omnis, dipoles, SETs, PP, Class A, Class AB, Class D, Class T. Luckily (or unluckily?) I don’t seem to have a strong preference for one concept over others, rather I enjoy change and the different perspectives on music it can bring. The only real constants in my system were the SGM2015 and my Extreme I ordered subsequently. Naturally I have put my name down for an Olympus I/O, I intend to use its analog output directly into the battery powered input stage of my ASR Emitter.

Professionally I have an education in finance and engineering, but have worked all my career in IT consulting for the insurance industry across Europe. To be able to combine the things I learned there with my hobby still seems almost too good to be true, I am very much looking forward to this new chapter, working together with Emile, Ed, Christiaan and the whole team in the background.

At Taiko I will take the position of General Manager, giving Emile more freedom so he can focus more on research and development. I certainly will also be more active on WBF going forward, not only since I am celebrating my 10y WBF anniversary soon.

I am very excited to be back on board!

Chris

nenon

Jan 29, 2020
Chicago

After a short engagement at Taiko approximately 4 years ago in the context of a Sabbatical (senior passengers on the Taiko Train might remember), I just could not refuse Emile’s offer to take on a vacant position.

I remember vividly the first public demo of the SGM2015 at a show in Bonn in 2016, where I pestered Edward with questions for my own server built, similar to the CAPS Pipeline that was popular back then. I also remember the international unveiling event in Munich the same year, where I was lucky to be on the guest list.

Not long after I could call one of the first produced units my own, as Steve would put it “you can’t unring a bell”. Luckily I have kept contact with Emile ever since.

I am from Cologne, Germany, in my mid 30s, but an audiophile for over 20 years already. In this time, I have gathered extensive experience at home with many approaches, horns, cones, omnis, dipoles, SETs, PP, Class A, Class AB, Class D, Class T. Luckily (or unluckily?) I don’t seem to have a strong preference for one concept over others, rather I enjoy change and the different perspectives on music it can bring. The only real constants in my system were the SGM2015 and my Extreme I ordered subsequently. Naturally I have put my name down for an Olympus I/O, I intend to use its analog output directly into the battery powered input stage of my ASR Emitter.

Professionally I have an education in finance and engineering, but have worked all my career in IT consulting for the insurance industry across Europe. To be able to combine the things I learned there with my hobby still seems almost too good to be true, I am very much looking forward to this new chapter, working together with Emile, Ed, Christiaan and the whole team in the background.

At Taiko I will take the position of General Manager, giving Emile more freedom so he can focus more on research and development. I certainly will also be more active on WBF going forward, not only since I am celebrating my 10y WBF anniversary soon.

Chris

Congratulations Chris!

I like Cologne. My best friend from my teenage years lives there, and I have plenty of fun memories visiting Cologne. Hmm, why the taste of Kölsch beer comes to my mind when I think back about those fun times...

Looking forward to working with you as I just became a Taiko dealer.
Also, glad to hear that Emile is taking a step back and focusing on R&D! I bet a lot of good things will come out of that.

As a new GM, do you have the honor of keeping everyone on WBF updated on the Olympus production schedule? :)
It's the question everyone wants to ask but afraid to do so :)

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012

Chris
Congratulations, Chris. Dream job indeed! Sincere best wishes for continued success going forward with Taiko, to you and the entire Taiko team.

Steve Z

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Chris!

tsaett

May 20, 2014
Cologne
Congratulations Chris!

I like Cologne. My best friend from my teenage years lives there, and I have plenty of fun memories visiting Cologne. Hmm, why the taste of Kölsch beer comes to my mind when I think back about those fun times...

Looking forward to working with you as I just became a Taiko dealer.
Also, glad to hear that Emile is taking a step back and focusing on R&D! I bet a lot of good things will come out of that.

As a new GM, do you have the honor of keeping everyone on WBF updated on the Olympus production schedule? :)
It's the question everyone wants to ask but afraid to do so :)
Thanks, I am very much looking forward to that too!

I was shocked to learn that Kölsch has made it across the pond: New York Times

Regarding the Olympus production schedule, we will soon announce the timeline and some accompanying (imho very good) news regarding the product, I am sure you will all approve of. Details will follow in the respective thread! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing