A3 with Vitus sia-030 or CH i1

Dhkte

Feb 8, 2019
I am considering a demo Vitus sia 030 or a brand new CH i1 to drive my A3s... they are nearly the same price. My music is jazz and blues. Please tell me what I should get.
Thanks in advance.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Dhkte, I've heard the A3's paired with the Vitus RI-101 and Soulution 330, but not the CH i1, so I couldn't offer an opinion on how that amp might work in synergy. I recently got a first audition of the SIA-030 to get first impressions, however that was on the Magico M2's. The SIA-030 is a beautifully engineered amp & is notably quieter and more effortless (powerful) compared to the SIA-025 which I own. It also offers the option of adding dac/streamer & phono options boards later on which provides greater flexibility.

Of the two amps i've heard with the A3's, I thought the RI-101 was a perfect match in a medium or medium-large room, whilst I preferred the Soulution 330 in a smaller hotel room. The SIA-030 would be over-kill on the A3's, but if you can swing a good deal on an ex-demo example, I'd suggest going for the Vitus. It is a great "allrounder" and should serve jazz and blues well running in Class A. It is also enormously powerful & will grow with your system as you upgrade.

Reactions: nkbg and Barry2013

Koegz

Oct 29, 2016
systems.audiogon.com
I have Q5’S, for about 4yrs powered by sia-025. Never wanted for power. Sound great. Until recently used the sia-025 as preamp and amp. Now, just as a power amplifier. I now use my MSB reference as dac and preamp. I believe the sia-025 (until maybe now) is the best integrated amp there is. For me the issue with the new sia-030 is it‘s size. Huge! If it were just an amp you could put on the floor. As a preamp, that doesn’t work for me. I am certain it sounds great though. Hope this helps.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Like Bodhi I have had a Vitus 025 SIA for a few years and it's a great amp.
Initially I was a bit concerned about the rated power output on 25 watts in Class A but it was a non existent poblem and my YG Kipods Signature passives which are not the most sensitive speakers have no problems with it.
I can well believe the 030 is a better amp but for room friendliness the 025 is ideal,

Reactions: Dhkte

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
The A3s are 87-88dB efficient so do need tons of power, however, they are not the easiest speakers to drive.

The SIA-25 should do just fine though. I certainly loved one on my Magico S5 mk 2 when I had one on loan.

Reactions: Dhkte

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing