A Head's Up To Next Installment Of Masters And Makers

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: RCanelas

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Keep up the good work guys. Ron is an excellent interviewer!

Steve Williams

Reactions: OLADRA and Lxgreen

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear Members:

Tomorrow I am scheduled to interview for What's Best Forum's Masters & Makers series a very important figure in o?ur industry. Please subscribe to the What's Best Forum YouTube channel using the link below so you don't miss it!

Reactions: Audio Addict

Steve Williams

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Reactions: RCanelas

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Please enjoy this interview with Jeff Fritz of Magico discussing the M7 loudspeaker debut!

Please subscribe to the WBF YouTube Channel and please "Like" this video!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The most interesting thing to me about these interviews is that the resulting sound of components often truly can be understood by the objective and by the methodology of the designer. The connection between objectives and design philosophy on the one hand, and sound resulting from the component on the other, is one of the primary things I am trying to tease out and to understand in these interviews.

It is fascinating to me how designers sometimes truly have different ultimate objectives.* And these different objectives drive the differences in approach, methodology and design.

*Such as "reproduce exactly what is on the tape, vinyl or digital source being played," versus "re-create the sound of an original musical event."

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
The most interesting thing to me about these interviews is that the resulting sound of components often truly can be understood by the objective and by the methodology of the designer. The connection between objectives and design philosophy on the one hand, and sound resulting from the component on the other, is one of the primary things I am trying to tease out and to understand in these interviews.

It is fascinating to me how designers sometimes truly have different ultimate objectives.* And these different objectives drive the differences in approach, methodology and design.

*Such as "reproduce exactly what is on the tape, vinyl or digital source being played," versus "re-create the sound of an original musical event."

Alon Wolf makes this point very directly in his interview in his listening room introducing the M7. He talks about his approach and goal versus other designers approaches and goals.

Steve Williams

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I found the four tower versus two tower with subs comment interesting. Daryl said he judges results by listening and asking if it sounds "natural". (watch for Argonaut to click laugh emoji)

It would now be interesting to watch Ron interview Alon Wolf about his design goals and the new M7 asking the same questions.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

watching this interview with Daryl has proved to me that the transition of his being elevated to the CEO of Wilson Audio shows the state of Wilson Audio to be strong and in good hands. Daryl was trained by one of the greatest Masters and Makers in his father Dave who has inspired me as has Daryl for the past 30 years when my journey with Wilson started with WP 5'1's

Terrific interview Ron

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing