Thread: Dual Connect speaker cables

Dual Connect speaker cables

I won't get into the whole cable debate here, but will say with my 2-channel system these made an audible difference in the high end.

~There are many roads to audio nirvana. While the ultimate goal may be the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride.~

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    Could you tell us a little more about the cables? I haven't run across them in my audio travels

Quote Originally Posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Could you tell us a little more about the cables? I haven't run across them in my audio travels

These are gold plated solid silver core. Two runs per cable covered in a tube of PTFE insulation / two cables per side. They have a resistance of only 0.0033 ohms/meter. Spade terminals are gold plated copper. Not something you want to move around much, but if your system is stable, these work well.
    ~There are many roads to audio nirvana. While the ultimate goal may be the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride.~

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post

These are gold plated solid silver core. Two runs per cable covered in a tube of PTFE insulation / two cables per side. They have a resistance of only 0.0033 ohms/meter. Spade terminals are gold plated copper. Not something you want to move around much, but if your system is stable, these work well.
    Are you saying they're stiff? I have really come to hate stiff cables because over time, they really put a strain on the RCA connectors, etc.

What do the cables retail for?

Quote Originally Posted by MylesBAstor View Post
    Are you saying they're stiff? I have really come to hate stiff cables because over time, they really put a strain on the RCA connectors, etc.

What do the cables retail for?
    "Stiff" is a relative term. I guess you really need a reference point. These bend and form easily being a precious metal. Not to be compare with 12awg copper romex or some Maple Audio Whisper solid core cables I had that were difficult at best to bend and use.

Here is a pic taken before I veneered the cabinets, but you can see how the spades worked great with the binding posts on the speakers.

retail for around $1600

Quote Originally Posted by Wardsweb View Post
    "Stiff" is a relative term. I guess you really need a reference point. These bend and form easily being a precious metal. Not to be compare with 12awg copper romex or some Maple Audio Whisper solid core cables I had that were difficult at best to bend and use.

retail for around $1600
    Or the FIM/CRL cables!