Post a nice pic you have taken

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Pont du Gard France. I chose to shoot from below, as most of the pictures you see are from above.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
UCLA game at Rose Bowl Pasadena,CA

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Movie set NCIS

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Great thread. But just one? Who can stop at just one! :D

Japanese endangered Tancho (red headed crane) in Hokkaido Island.

Japanese Macaque Monkeys also know as Snow Monkeys outside of Nagano:

So that you don't think I am only into "animals" and to counter Sharp biasing the outcome with pictures of women :D, here is my sample from Shinto wedding in Tokyo.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
...snip... here is my sample from Shinto wedding in Tokyo.

Wow this really hits home. My mother is from Fukuoka Japan. I love the sense of honor and tradition of Japanese culture. Honto Ni

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
So desu ka? :)

Japanese is my favorite foreign culture. I have been to Japan 50 to 60 times so it is almost like the second home to me. I love the food and the graciousness of the people. It can be challenging at times just to be sure. But in balance, it feels great every time I land there (of course, AFTER I go through the horrible immigration lines).

If I am there on a Sunday, I always go and see the weddings in Ueno park. I usually come back with a few hundred pictures and a handful of keepers. Here are a few more of my favorites: http://amirviews.smugmug.com/People/Japan/JapanSelect/10712610_HfhB8#746097879_tFR4i.

BTW, I missed commenting on your composition. It was very nice. As was the color balance.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
Amir,
Sorry just one and by the way, great captures. Japan is on my list of countries to visit when I retire in the next 5 years or less! I have a few contacts from motorcyle racing that reside there. So many different places I want to try and see.

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
BTW, I missed commenting on your composition. It was very nice. As was the color balance.

Thank you - I am at best a rookie amature, but I do enjoy it. While I love landscapes and architecture, I shoot more pieces of audio and cars than anything esle. I wonder why that is?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
what camera and lenses are you using for these great shots

I'm presently using my trusty Nikon D50 with the Nikkor 18-55mm. I'm really leaning towards picking up a Nikon D300. It's hard to beat really great graphics in web design and I need all the help I can get for those once in a lifetime shots.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
what camera and lenses are you using for these great shots
I am embarrassed to list all the gear I have collected over the years :). It is all Canon gear, both professional and prosumer series. Latest set that I use are Canon 5D, Canon 1Ds MK III and 1D Mark III. The wildlife shots are usually with 600mm F4 IS with or without teleconverters using the 1D MKIII (due to speed of that camera). The portrait shots I like to use something bright so sometimes it is 70-200f2.8 IS, other times I take the 85mmf1.2. Other times I have taken the 70-200F4 IS. The body could be 5D if the focus of the trip is work and not photography to save weight and size. Otherwise, it is the 1Ds MKIII (21 megapixels :p).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Japan is on my list of countries to visit when I retire in the next 5 years or less! I have a few contacts from motorcyle racing that reside there. So many different places I want to try and see.
Be sure to ask me where to go and what to do :). I have spent more than a decade going there and taking pictures, and experiencing the culture. There are a lot of ways to do it wrong, like thinking Tokyo is the main event (it is not other the fish market and food). I have not seen it all by any stretch, but do have my shortlist of places to go.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir the 5D Mk ll is also 21 megapixels (what is the resolution of your 5D)
Mine is the first gen. I want to say it is 12 million but I am not 100% sure.

Note that unless you have good skill and extremely good lenses, the 21 megapixel camera will be limited to those two factors. I do not feel any deficiencies using the 5D instead of my 1Ds 21 megapixel imager.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Tri Valley

Tri Valley

Attachments

• 200203131653397..jpg
    200203131653397..jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 102

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here's why I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. An hour from so many different paradises.

Lagen Resort, El Nido, Palawan (D300, 18-200 VR)

My wife and eldest daughter taking a stroll

Shot inside a desert island cave

Club Paradise, Coron, Palawan

Dinner by Moonlight, Full Moon Party

Boracay, Aklan (D70s, 18-200 VR)

Sunset

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's really nice! Love the rock formations. When is the best season to visit the Philippines/Palawan?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing