Vyger Atlantis - my new turntable :)

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Hi Bruce,

One can’t have enough Mook in our life :cool:

I am concerned about Mook's prolific use of ebony. It probably lifts the price of ebony on the market a tad.

Why am I concerned? Because it is the best guitar fretboard wood IMHO, which is where it really belongs..:)

The Vyger looks stellar. Sad truth is the best vinyl playback requires cosmic level engineering solutions...

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Dear Bill, I have been following your posts about the Vyger Atlantis and one post about the Kirmon 1 phono. Congratulations on your great purchase, you make me sooo keen to bite the bullet, too. I am very close to take the plunge with both Vyger Indian Signature IV and the Krimon Phono. If you could kindly give me any update of your impression on the Vyger TT and any extra news of the phono, I would be so grateful. I wish you and all WBF readers/ writers a great weekend.

Dear Chau,

Nice to hear from you.

I am absolutely over the moon with my Vyger Atlantis. The superiority of this TT over anything else I have heard is really quite something. What it manages to do that is rather rarefied in the high end is fuse the empirical traits of ultra high fidelity (specifically extremely low noise floor, speed stability - measured with various apps, extension in both directions) with the utmost musicality (tone, flow, harmonic content).

Looking at your system, I think you’ll hear bass texture like nothing else you have heard before. Frankly, once you hear a TT of this quality, you realise what is possible in terms of bass reproduction (texture and musical content).

I made a rather dramatic decision to go analogue only at the beginning of this year. The Vyger listening experience cemented this decision far more than I ever expected. The only issue is be prepared to buy a lot of vinyl. I have been furiously accumulating vinyl since its arrival such is the pleasure I am getting. Also expect misery from the wife as you stay up too late in the man cave on a regular occurrence lol.

In summary, I am thrilled with this TT - truly a game changing source for me.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I think we will get to compare Krimon phono with the Mayer at the General's place soon.

Yes indeed - with any luck this will happen. I have yet to hear the Krimon but if the General owns it then I am fairly certain it will be nothing less than stellar as he gives short shrift to the vast majority of audio gear lol.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I am concerned about Mook's prolific use of ebony. It probably lifts the price of ebony on the market a tad.

Why am I concerned? Because it is the best guitar fretboard wood IMHO, which is where it really belongs..:)

The Vyger looks stellar. Sad truth is the best vinyl playback requires cosmic level engineering solutions...

Hi Justin,

Lol about the Mooks. Truth is, the Vyger does not need the Mook but it looks nice! On the Loth X I prefer the Mook but preferred without on the Maggie.

You do make an excellent point about cosmic engineering being required. I came back from holiday a couple of days ago and my neighbour was looking after my cats and watering our garden. When I arrived back he said he was looking at my TT for hours and asked me whether it needs that level of engineering. I paused for about 2 seconds (he knows nothing about hifi) and then said unfortunately it does before boring him with details of air bearings in both axes etc. Truth is, all this engineering is needed. I have done extensive tests with vacuum suck down on and off and always prefer it on even with flat LPs.

Cheers

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Tang,

when mr. Enrico Datti,partner of Vyger,brought at home Atlantis,we had a good dinner and i show to him 2 photo of Miss Chau,a very beautiful lady.
I think he will fly to Ho Chi Min even if Miss Chau don't buy Vyger.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang,

when mr. Enrico Datti,partner of Vyger,brought at home Atlantis,we had a good dinner and i show to him 2 photo of Miss Chau,a very beautiful lady.

Dearest Gian,

You deleted all pictures I sent you. How come you keep Chau pictures? :p

Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
If Chau give to me permission i will post his photo
Much much better that Atlantis to see
WBF Member need to know how beautiful is this lady forumer

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Lol - okay guys. Let’s see this beauty!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
God, I hope WBF doesn't have any militant Third Wave feminists looking.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
A beautiful girl draped over a sexy tt may not have any words printed alongside, but will still speak a thousand words.

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I heard the Italians give an extra discount plus flying all the way from Italy to do a proper set up for a good looking Asian female musician ;).

Tang

Ah ha ha, Hi Khun Tang,

Good news spreads out very fast, I see :)

The Italians are not only good in making great luxurious products but also are excellent communicators :)
I hope to hear about your full experience with Kuro cables, too. I only have one still. Emiliano is tided up with too many orders I guess :) Mine takes ages...

My best to you,

Chau

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
I think we will get to compare Krimon phono with the Mayer at the General's place soon.

Dear Bonzo75, you don’t know me but I have heard about you thru my dear Brother Gianluigi (I even know your name :)

I would highly appreciate to hear your comment about the Krimon phono’s performance after you get to listen to it. I thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Chau

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Dear Tang,

Hahaha Dear Brother Gianluigi, thank you so much for all, the introductions of Kuro cables and the Vyger (I hope it would be a done deal soon). There are simply no words I could use to express my appreciation to everything you’ve done to help me. But, you make me blushed Gian!!!!

Big hugs all the way from Vietnam

Grazie mille,

Chau

Chau

Feb 20, 2018

Chau

Feb 20, 2018

Dear Gian,

Next step is: you kindly introduce me to the Vinyl dealer so I could get special discount, too. Thanks so much for your advertisement, my dear Gian

PS: please don’t post my photos, you know Vietnamese ladies are very shy. We stick to the main topic of this thread : the VYGER :) so a video clip of Vyger singing in your system in this thread would be a great demonstration ??.

Last edited:

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Dear Chau,

Nice to hear from you.

I am absolutely over the moon with my Vyger Atlantis. The superiority of this TT over anything else I have heard is really quite something. What it manages to do that is rather rarefied in the high end is fuse the empirical traits of ultra high fidelity (specifically extremely low noise floor, speed stability - measured with various apps, extension in both directions) with the utmost musicality (tone, flow, harmonic content).

Looking at your system, I think you’ll hear bass texture like nothing else you have heard before. Frankly, once you hear a TT of this quality, you realise what is possible in terms of bass reproduction (texture and musical content).

I made a rather dramatic decision to go analogue only at the beginning of this year. The Vyger listening experience cemented this decision far more than I ever expected. The only issue is be prepared to buy a lot of vinyl. I have been furiously accumulating vinyl since its arrival such is the pleasure I am getting. Also expect misery from the wife as you stay up too late in the man cave on a regular occurrence lol.

In summary, I am thrilled with this TT - truly a game changing source for me.

Dear Bill,

Thank you so much for your insights about the Vyger. It confirms my impression listening to it thru the video clips that dear Gian had sent me. I’ve listened to his system before the Vyger so I could noticed all the huge differences just by the Vyger turntable alone (but let’s not be too loud here because I haven’t made deposit yet. Vyger migh not give me good price anymore if you rave too much, ha ha ). just kidding.

Once you get to listen to Krimon phono please do share your impression with us. Because Gian wouldn’t get to listen to it until the end of this year and I plan to make deposit soon. My search for Turntable and phono has been quite extensive already and it’s a thousands of times harder for a woman to do so, than a man :) as we women know nothing about technical terms and mechanisms:)

Highly appreciate all your posts, Bill.

Kind regards, Chau

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dear Chau,

Also expect misery from the wife as you stay up too late in the man cave on a regular occurrence lol.

Don't think this worries Chau too much...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dear Bonzo75, you don’t know me but I have heard about you thru my dear Brother Gianluigi (I even know your name :)

I would highly appreciate to hear your comment about the Krimon phono’s performance after you get to listen to it. I thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Chau

Hi Gian, I hope you haven't sent my photos out. I too am quite shy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing