Tesla Model 3 Revealed Tonight

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
apparently some lines this morning at Tesla stores to pre-order.

question is how long it will inevitably be delayed.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
They are relying on their new joint venture battery plant with Panasonic for this model. I can't read that article posted but other sources I read said next year. Delays in that factory coming online will surely push the dates out.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
One of the guys I work with is in line to get one (as in, physically standing in a line up in Denver, along with his sister). Supposedly "late 2017" for the first in line, but most folk seem to think more like 2018. Prior owners and employees come before new owners. He's figuring late 2018/early 2019 based on not being a previous owner and Tesla's typical production delays. At least they seem to wait until the bugs are worked out before release...

I had not really paid attention but there is some really impressive technology in the S.

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada
I've read some people have actually set up tents to sleep in while waiting.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
The official launch is in 8 hours or so. And they say you can make reservations for the car during that event: https://www.teslamotors.com/

Seems like a better plan than standing in line :). If the reported acceleration of 0-60 of 4.0 seconds is right, they will be able to sell all they can make.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Actually, per my friend, Tesla "dealers" were able to start signing up in-person at 10 AM this morning. The official roll-out, and Internet sign-up, is tonight. For us, the store is up in Denver (hour or so away), in a mall that won't let people in before 8 am. People were already lining up yesterday even though the mall officially prohibits it (apparently they can't line up at the mall doors but are lurking around the parking lot). They were bringing in extra security to police the lines. His plan was to get up there a little before the mall opened, then wait inside until the store opened. Can't wait to hear what happened when he returns tomorrow.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The official launch is in 8 hours or so. And they say you can make reservations for the car during that event: https://www.teslamotors.com/

Seems like a better plan than standing in line :). If the reported acceleration of 0-60 of 4.0 seconds is right, they will be able to sell all they can make.

I will be one of those who will make a reservation :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I just got home from our local mall which has a Tesla store and it was packed. If the price is as stated and the tax credits bring the price down to at or below Volkswagen who wouldn't want to have an all electric for the same price

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Just saw that here in SD the Tesla store was packed as well. But the article quoted in the beginning of the article paint a worrying picture... That $7500 tax break might be lower, or non-existant by the time the car is actually delivered...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Just saw that here in SD the Tesla store was packed as well. But the article quoted in the beginning of the article paint a worrying picture... That $7500 tax break might be lower, or non-existant by the time the car is actually delivered...

My son put a deposit on the car and was told that only the first 200,000 get the $7500 tax credit

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The US needs to invest in some serious solar power in deserts. That and I always wonder about the batteries in these things? I heard there's an area of China not doing well since they mine the area for batteries.

I'm not going to be buying one, but I look forward to a true reality of them being better for everyone and not just the owners; whenever we can go positive on our expenditure.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing