dCS Rossini on order

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
I put an order in for the Rossini DAC and clock in black today. It will go into a study system with Wilson speakers and Ayre preamp/amp. I have a Vivaldi stack sans transport in my main system. I look forward to the Tidal integration in the app (I have been using on my Naim streamers and really enjoy having the extra selection). The upcoming Vivaldi firmware updates hopefully will be announced soon as well

Odyssey

Mar 15, 2015
I put an order in for the Rossini DAC and clock in black today. It will go into a study system with Wilson speakers and Ayre preamp/amp. I have a Vivaldi stack sans transport in my main system. I look forward to the Tidal integration in the app (I have been using on my Naim streamers and really enjoy having the extra selection). The upcoming Vivaldi firmware updates hopefully will be announced soon as well

Congratulations on the Rossini. Nice review in HiFi +

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Enatai252....If I may inquirie, did you choose to eschew Vivaldi transport for any particular reason other than one of media functionality?

I ask as for the most part I have prefered Vivaldi playback via DAC/Upsampler over the Transport.

Last edited:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

What a killer study system !!

Enatai252

Mar 2, 2013
Pacific NW
Enatai252....If I may inquirie, did you choose to eschew Vivaldi transport for any particular reason other than one of media functionality?

I ask as for the most part I have prefered Vivaldi playback via DAC/Upsampler over the Transport.

I have not heard the transport in my system. For me the decision was based on my listening habits having moved to using ripped CDs and hirez recordings off my server rather than spinning CDs(and I have very few SACDs). So the investment in transport was not worth it for me. Others may have different media needs. Also when I do play CDs I have a Naim CD555 with dual DR555 power supplies and really enjoy listening to 16/44 playback on it. When I ordered the Rossini I also passed on the CD player option as I will keep it simple in the study...streaming off network or Tidal will be my only source

I have heard from people who's ears I trust that the Vivaldi transport is something special when playing CDs and sending upsampled data directly to the DAC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing